So.. Anova has been acquired by Electrolux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R.ay

Assistant Cook
I'm sure that most of you guys here have seen the news either from Anova or just on the news.

Do you think that this spells the death of innovation? Or do you think that Electrolux will be able to fund more innovation?

It was a matter of time. The big buy the small, people get rich. I'm not surprised. Electrolux has a reputation for good products, as far as I've read/heard.

I love my Anova, but honestly, it has a very simple job to do. I don't care about iPhone apps and other high tech crap. As long as my Anova keeps my water bath at a constant temperature, and lasts a long time, I'm cool.

CD

I love my Anova, but honestly, it has a very simple job to do. I don't care about iPhone apps and other high tech crap. As long as my Anova keeps my water bath at a constant temperature, and lasts a long time, I'm cool.
I actually like "high tech crap" myself. The office where I work is some 40 miles from my house, so it's nice to be able to monitor and have control over things at home, like the thermostat, appliances, security cams, etc.

Last edited:
957061_14453502282436_rId11.jpg

Well such news is so important I had to do a search of what I had missed. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I got an Anova for Christmas I've yet to use, but as someone who doesn't even own a Smart Phone, I don't give a flip. ;):D

Electrolux used to be a bulletproof brand, but recent years have brought reliability problems.

They purchased Frigidaire, both Frigidaire and Electrolux kitchen appliances have gotten lukewarm reviews at best for reliability.

I will say that Electrolux appliances have been cutting edge type products, so maybe innovation is part of their plan, but just need to work on the quality aspect.

I actually like "high tech crap" myself. The office where I work is some 40 miles from my house, so it's nice to be able to monitor and have control over things at home, like the thermostat, appliances, security cams, etc.

Ah, my office is up a flight of stairs from my kitchen, so a sous vide app is not as big deal to me as it is for you.

BTW, I would like to get some remote HVAC control and maybe one of those Ring doorbells for when I go out of town, but the Anova is pretty well covered.

CD :)

Well such news is so important I had to do a search of what I had missed. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I got an Anova for Christmas I've yet to use, but as someone who doesn't even own a Smart Phone, I don't give a flip. ;):D

You need to use that Anova. It opens up whole new avenues for cooking things. The steaks I cook using the Anova and a charcoal chimney (for searing) are amazing. Sous vide is also great for cooking fish just right, every time.

BTW, another product I have that is great for searing many sous vide foods is a SearsAll. It is an attachment for a propane torch that works great.

CD

You need to use that Anova. It opens up whole new avenues for cooking things. The steaks I cook using the Anova and a charcoal chimney (for searing) are amazing. Sous vide is also great for cooking fish just right, every time.

BTW, another product I have that is great for searing many sous vide foods is a SearsAll. It is an attachment for a propane torch that works great.

CD

My Souschef (and also my husband) needs that caseydog!! After watching what the SearsAll does with youtube, it's made for him. Woo Hoo...my man with fire!!;)

Back
Top Bottom