So if you blew up the lighbulb....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
ONLY I could do this.....

Steaming the oven for my baguettes, I managed to spray water directly onto the lightbulb and it blew up with the bread in the oven.. :ohmy::ohmy:

AFTER I pick any remaining glass out of the bread, should I worry about any
"residual freaky stuff" from the said lightbulb spraying INTO the bread?

Or is 3 days of work and anticipation turned into crying again.... :ermm:

I would play it safe and start over again. Sorry. I know how long the process is to make great bread, but mistakes happen.

Ditto on the toss it. Sorry suzi. You just don't want to take a chance on missing some miniscule piece and having your little cutie get it.

Wrong answer!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame you suzi. I would too. And maybe kick something too. Then pour a glass of wine.

Got a punching bag hand? No... not hubby LOL. Maybe another glass of wine. Sorry I know that stinks, all that hard work gone!

I have to admit... If I were certain that I got all the glass off of that bread, I'd certainly try eating it!

Susie, toss the bread! And no crying about it. Understand? It's just a thing; and things can be remade, even if it takes a couple of days. Suck it up girl. It's not the end of the world. It's just bread.

Just bread! What am I saying! It's the culmination of three days of loving attention, with care, patience, and the hopes and dreams of a generation awaiting the final, breath-taking, and gloriously golden baguettes that were supposed to grace the table. Sob! I can't stand it. I will now have to go into a dark room, and whip myself with hemp rope, and wear sackcloth for a week, and confess my sins to the inquisitioner.

Suzie, will you meet me at the wailing wall tonight, about midnight, for three hours of wailing? Me and BT will be there waiting for you. I'll bring the ingredients for s'mores. We can light Bt's hair on fire to melt the marshmallows. He won't mind. He's got Boone's Farm to brace him up. Oh, and he's been woking out too. He's got those rock-hard abs, just right to use in place of that punching bag that Maveric suggested.

But seriously Susie, toss the bread. You can make more, and it will be better than that batch wold have been anyways.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Yes, I agree with everyone. We all have had our share of kitchen accidents, burns and flops. Please, it is not worth risking perforating a part of your digestive system if you guessed wrong. It is not worth a trip to the hospital.

Start over, please.

Back
Top Bottom