Stocking A New Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rasputin

Assistant Cook
I might be outta order making this thread but I have looked in the history for about a half hour now getting lost in the forums and haven't found a link like it yet. If there is please delete this thread Mr./Mrs.Admin and direct me to said thread.

Like in the last thread that identified the flatbread warmer I mentioned that I was going to stock my own kitchen soon. I have made a small list of what I want but that doesn't even cover it yet. I would love it if people would suggest things and add to it, or give me better alternative. Please post your own dream kitchen and the kitchen you have now. I would love to hear it! No links to where to buy it though, I have a source already but links to pictures will be greatly appreciated.
Also as a side note I haven't picked out china ware yet so if anyone can help with that it would be lovely.

List:
-Wooden Cooking Spoons
-Blender
-Large food processor
-Aroma[brand] Rice Cooker
-Mason Jars
-Gas Burner [portable]
-Various sized pots and pans
-Flat faced skillet (for the flatbreads, lolz)
-Electric Juicer
-Mortar and Pistol
-Forks, knifes and spoons (duh)
-Wooden Bowls and Metal Bowls (for cooking)
-Toaster
-TeaPot/Tea Set
-Glass containers (in lue of plastic ones. I hate putting something greasy in it and then it's hard to scrub and hard to get that yucky leftover smell.:sick:)
-Rice Scoop
-Bamboo Mat
-Baking Cups (so plastic, like those fancy soft resin ones)
-Cheese Cloth
-Plastic Mixing Bowls
-Electric Coffee Grinder ( i will use it for beans and seeds because coffee....messes me up "Blurrr" :sick:)
-Baking Pans
-Cooling Rack
-CROCK POT! (Edit: 5min after the post. lolz)

Thats my list at the moment. It might be updated and edited as I grow with my cooking skill and learn more about cook ware brands.

Last edited:
I might be outta order making this thread but I have looked in the history for about a half hour now getting lost in the forums and haven't found a link like it yet. If there is please delete this thread Mr./Mrs.Admin and direct me to said thread.

Like in the last thread that identified the flatbread warmer I mentioned that I was going to stock my own kitchen soon. I have made a small list of what I want but that doesn't even cover it yet. I would love it if people would suggest things and add to it, or give me better alternative. Please post your own dream kitchen and the kitchen you have now. I would love to hear it! No links to where to buy it though, I have a source already but links to pictures will be greatly appreciated.
Also as a side note I haven't picked out china ware yet so if anyone can help with that it would be lovely.

List:
-Wooden Cooking Spoons
-Blender
-Large food processor
-Aroma[brand] Rice Cooker
-Mason Jars
-Gas Burner [portable]
-Various sized pots and pans
-Flat faced skillet (for the flatbreads, lolz)
-Electric Juicer
-Mortar and Pistol
-Forks, knifes and spoons (duh)
-Wooden Bowls and Metal Bowls (for cooking)
-Toaster
-TeaPot/Tea Set
-Glass containers (in lue of plastic ones. I hate putting something greasy in it and then it's hard to scrub and hard to get that yucky leftover smell.:sick:)
-Rice Scoop
-Bamboo Mat
-Baking Cups (so plastic, like those fancy soft resin ones)
-Cheese Cloth
-Plastic Mixing Bowls
-Electric Coffee Grinder ( i will use it for beans and seeds because coffee....messes me up "Blurrr" :sick:)
-Baking Pans
-Cooling Rack
-CROCK POT! (Edit: 5min after the post. lolz)

Thats my list at the moment. It might be updated and edited as I grow with my cooking skill and learn more about cook ware brands.

I'd be careful with that! Do you have to get a license first?:LOL:

Seriously, don't forget measuring cups and spoons.

digital instant read thermometer
standard meat thermometer
kitchen towels
kitchen scissors
various sizes of whisks
hand held mixer
carefully chosen knives and knife block

Last edited:
One of my most valued kitchen items is my Anchor-Hocking 2-quart batter bowl. Believe it or not I have 3 of them and, many times, I have 2 of them at use at the same time. Wouldn't be without them. They're handy for all sorts of things and can go into the microwave or oven and hold enough to take care of many mixing tasks. Plus, the handle and pouring spout are more than useful. I bought two of mine at yard sales and the other one, with my coupon, at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They look like this.

The second thing I would suggest you add to your list is a microplane grater. Mine is about 12 inches long and is about an inch or so wide. It's divided into two equal sections. One end produces a somewhat coarsely grated product. The other quite fine results.

Truthfully, there's rarely a day when one or both of the above kitchen helpers isn't pressed into service here.

I wouldn't get rubber spatulas. I would highly recommend silicone instead. They don't dissolve in oil and grease. And, you can use them on hot frying pans, etc.

I have a Zojirushi Rice Cooker, it even cooks up hot cereal. That link takes you to the one I have. If you are serious about rice, this is the one to get, in my opinion.

Wet and dry measuring cups. The handiest one to get is a 2-cup glass measure.

I agree on the cutting board(s). Mine is glass and easy to clean. Found it at Macys eons ago.

Most of these things are really basic IMO, some can be gotten at the supermarket for a very good price {think Pyrex} others at a good restaurant supply store {non-stick pans, spoons ect} wooden cutting boards are great {end grain} so are synthetics. Look for at least one that has a channel for meat carving.
NEVER EVER skimp on chefs knives. BUY high quality. If you spend thrifty on them you will certainly end up buying them again.
For the bigger stuff I have said this before and I will say it again, have your "wish list" and ask for them as gifts soon enough you will have all that you need.
As a wise man once said " In life... it is not what goes into or out of the pot, but the pot itself";)

A very small fry pan for toasting pine nuts or cooking 1 egg etc.
A blender/food processor combo. I use mine more than the larger FP
steamer basket
roasting rack
sheet pans
Stock pot
gravy/fat seperator
a couple of portion scoops
Thermometers
spiders
baster

When you look at plates/china look for something that will fit in your cabinets and more importantly your dishwasher.

Foreman grill or panini press. Very good for conveinance and I think the best way to cook a BS chicken breast.

I love this knife block and have had two of them on my counter for almost 10 years now.Some people have had problems with them cutting the material up but I have never. I don't push mine in hard.

Amazon.com: Kapoosh 650 Knife Holder, Woodgrain Finish: Kitchen & Dining

A knife sharpener or stone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom