Sunbeam Mixer W/Meat Grinder HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PanchoHambre

Washing Up
So today in a great act of procrastination I picked up an old sunbeam stand mixer model 9 circa 1949 at a thrift store on the cheap.... You all know I like the old stuff but this thing is a beast... its not pretty and its been well used (prior to being packed away in 1984 according to the newspaper it was wrapped in) but is so cool. The thing is like having a batterd picece of a WWII fighter jet in my kitcen. :ohmy: I figured if the thing did not work at least it came with some useful bowls:rolleyes:

The main reason I could not resist it is because it has the great old meat/vegetable grinder attachment All the pieces are there and it works.. (I tested it out on a porkchop I had in the fridge). This was appealing to me because the ground meat options are not alawys so great and sometimes not where the deals are.

So... what cool things can I do with a meat grinder.. I have never even contemplated having one before I would love to have some fun with the thing before it blows up or electrecutes me... a half century old electric appliance is sort of scary.:ohmy:

The stand mixer thing is cool too what an awesome invention.. I have never used one before.. MexicoKarens oatmeal cake is in the oven right now its so neat that the thing just spins and you can add suff free hands are nice.

Anyway I am looking for suggestions on how to use my new toy. I

Also if any of you have one of these relics or did back in the day... It needs to be lubricated... there was some libricant in the box and I found instructions online on how to deal with the greas chamber part but there are small holes on it for oil as well and the grease seems to thick. What I I suppossed to put in these?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom