Tilia food saver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Noticed a foodsaver had appeared this morning on HH's Christmas wish list on the fridge.

So, like a good little DC groupie, I looked up what GB and others said about the Tillia brand and ran right out to Bed Bath & Beyond, clutching several 20% percent off coupons that I get regularly in the mail,

Got the #1205 model that came with a 1/5 quart canister and some other extra stuff (I forget, it's wrapped already) for $159 and 20% off of that, whatever that is. I remembered that geebs said to be sure to get the accessory port, which is included, for the canisters (I also bought a box of those for $20 bucks and another 20% off that, and a pack of bags for $10.
All in all, I paid about $161 for everything.

Please tell me I did not spend too much money, somebody. I did run over to Costco, and they had a lesser model with fewer attachments, but with a pack of canisters and some bags for a total of $129.

Someone is going to have a VERY good Christmas!

I just went on the Tilia site to see what the 1205 looked like. I did not find that model, but I saw a V1205. Could that be the same one? If so then I think you did very well! The unit itself goes for about $180. Ever if this is not the same model I still think you did well. This machine can really end up paying for itself once you learn how to use it effectively (takes a little practice, but it is not hard). Make sure to check out the Yahoo Foodsaver group to learn all the tricks. I really highly recommend that!!!

Take a head of iceberg lettuce and put it in one of the canisters just as a test. You will really be amazed :)

Mudbug, HH (not familiar with HH. Is that your husband?) had better be good to you ;)

Yep, it was the V1205 that I got. The Costco one was the V1085, if I remember rightly.

Thanks for your confirmation about the good deal. I will definitely check out the Yahoo site once we get it up and running.

HH stands for Handy Husband. Of course he is a Dear as well, but he's just so darn handy that I had to go with that moniker for him. He knows how to fix all kinds of stuff and how to use tools that I didn't even know existed. He is the envy and wonder of all my girlfriends whose husbands are more "intellectual", but would probably electrocute themselves trying to change a light bulb. Plus he can cook and do laundry. Talk about your good deals....I hit paydirt when I nabbed him.

oh, i know bug, just teasing. i'm sure he's the other h's i mentioned at times, but as your wife, i'll go with gb. a very happy hubby....

Bug, I am so very proud of you!!! Thanks to you and GB, I'm going to amend my entry of "a vacuum foodsaver setup" on the Christmas Wish List to state this model, and attach the just-received BB&B coupon so it can dangle for attention!

Many congrats on the savings, and many thanks for doing the shopping for us!

Back
Top Bottom