Turning blender into magic bullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
Oh boy why didn't anyone think of this before? I found that wide-mouth masons don't fit my blender but the small ones do. & if I want a bigtime smoothie I guess I'll use a 32oz jar. Looks like I'll be shopping for frozen fruit & kefir very soon :chef:

[youtube]ODhfKNXjH6w[/youtube]

Neat. I have a Magic Bullet and no blender, except for the blender jug that comes with the Magic Bullet.

I would say that the first thing to do after taking the bottom off the blender pitcher, is to make sure it fits your Mason jar. Don't bother getting it dirty with ingredients until you know it will work. ;)

I learned this trick in the 70s and never thought it was a big deal. But I don't use a blender very much.

I've done it, but be careful, the glass in the Mason jar is not the same as the glass in the blender jar.

I'm a coward so I toss a kitchen towel over it when I use a non standard jar on the blender.

I've done it, but be careful, the glass in the Mason jar is not the same as the glass in the blender jar.

I'm a coward so I toss a kitchen towel over it when I use a non standard jar on the blender.
That's not being a coward. That's being smart, cautious.

what do you mean, not the same? that it can crack easier or will leak?

I mean that in a traditional blender if pressure builds up it can escape through the lid of the blender. If you screw a closed non-standard container to the base pressure could build up and cause the container to explode. I would NEVER attempt this with a hot or even warm liquid.

The glass container that came as standard equipment with my blender is very thick and appears to be similar to a heavy Pyrex baking dish, it was engineered to take the pounding that things whirling around in a blender can give it. I worry about things like ice cubes, frozen strawberries pounding against a thinner glass container.

I have only used these non-standard containers to make small amounts of salad dressing. I toss a kitchen towel over them while the blender is on to minimize the mess in my kitchen and the damage to me if one of them does break in the process. I guarantee you if one explodes it will explode in my kitchen! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Instead of using a towel I tried placing the regular blender thing over top of the jar. It seemed to work ok. It's probably heavy-duty enough to contain any messes or disasters if they occur.

Why would you use a mason jar when you could just use your blender jar? Is there some advantage to the smaller / airtight jar?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom