We bought a refrigerator!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have been saving for a long time to buy a new refrigerator.. We are currently about $300 shy of having the amount we need. Well.. we were at Home Depot looking at a refrigerator we liked, and they told us they were having a 20% off special, that was ending in the next couple of days (We wouldn't have the rest of the money until NEXT Thursday) So we talked it over, and decided to charge it all on our credit card (that we JUST paid off...:ermm:) Then when we get home, we'd transfer the money we already have saved towards the card, then next week pay the remaining balance off. *sigh*...

We don't even have the stinkin thing yet either.. they said they have to order it, and will be delivered to us Monday (a week from today). I'm gunna try to post a link to show the refrigerator we picked out...(i've never posted a link before.. so we'll see what happens..)

Maytag 22.1 Cu. Ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator - MBR2256KES at The Home Depot

lol... We're actually about done remodeling it... The refrigerator and the stove are our last things. We've replaced the cieling fan, and light fixture above the sink. Torn down horrible tile from the walls, put up dry wall and painted. Replaced the border above the cabinets. Got a stainless double sink with new faucets. Put Fermica (sp?) countertops down. Sanded, and re-finished the cabinets. Bought a stainless dishwasher. Put down ceramic tile (tan tile with horrible BLACK grout... that was dear sweet husbands idea.....) So now we're almost done, Thank the Lord!..... next is the bathroom...

once you have a bottom freezer, you'll never go back. How did I ever see what was inthe fridge before??

lol... We're actually about done remodeling it... The refrigerator and the stove are our last things. We've replaced the cieling fan, and light fixture above the sink. Torn down horrible tile from the walls, put up dry wall and painted. Replaced the border above the cabinets. Got a stainless double sink with new faucets. Put Fermica (sp?) countertops down. Sanded, and re-finished the cabinets. Bought a stainless dishwasher. Put down ceramic tile (tan tile with horrible BLACK grout... that was dear sweet husbands idea.....) So now we're almost done, Thank the Lord!..... next is the bathroom...

Oh boy. You picked the two hardest rooms. But it will be downhill after that. Good luck.

But you did it the right way BC... you saved up for it and didn't use credit. He may be choking on it right now, but he'll be alright.... rather than owing 2x the amount on it in 2 years.
:)

Love your new refrigerator!

:chef: WOW!

I live in a one-bedroom apartment. I'd love to have a refrigerator like your new one with the bottom freezer.

Congrats.

+100000 on the freezer on the bottom. No idea why they are on the top to begin with. seriously do you go into the fridge or the freezer more often.

My parents jsut bought the double door bottom freezer LG with the water thing and everything. amazing!

the hardest part abotu a new fridge is getting set up of where what goes and what not.

once you have a bottom freezer, you'll never go back. How did I ever see what was inthe fridge before??

For 40 years I owned refrigerators with top freezers or side by side. When we bought our current home 8 yrs.ago I bought an Amana 23 cf bottom freezer. There is no way on earth I will EVER go back to a top freezer again. This is the best and most convenient freezer/fridge I've ever owned. I'm in my fridge a hundred times a day and eveything is eye level. I'm in my freezer maybe once per day and I can look down and see EVERYTHING in there without having to move stuff around. Love it.

Recently moved a perfectly good top freezer to my shop, and bought a bottom freezer for the house....I was tired of "praying" on my knees to find the Olives.....

Congratulatioins BC...y'all will love it!!!

For 40 years I owned refrigerators with top freezers or side by side. When we bought our current home 8 yrs.ago I bought an Amana 23 cf bottom freezer. There is no way on earth I will EVER go back to a top freezer again. This is the best and most convenient freezer/fridge I've ever owned. I'm in my fridge a hundred times a day and eveything is eye level. I'm in my freezer maybe once per day and I can look down and see EVERYTHING in there without having to move stuff around. Love it.

Really? I never own a bottom freezer before. What is the big different?

Really? I never own a bottom freezer before. What is the big different?

Read my thread again. The last line gives you the biggest reason I love it. Easy to place things in the freezer and even easier to remove them. Looking down gives you a complete view of everything in the freezer. Nothing is hidden in the back. The bottom freezer seems to hold more.

The refrigerator is at eye level so you're not bending over trying to find something on the bottom shelf that has been pushed to the back. No more science experiments. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom