What are your two favorite kitchen appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorites

Only two...lol
My new Amana oven, it's ceramic top super easy to clean!!!! It has bake assist (preset temparatures), oven light (I had one with my previous oven but didn't work, so loving this feature...lol), a "warm" button and a child control lock Can you tell I'm in love with this oven...lol!

My beloved 6 quart programmable slow cooker. I love how easy it is to operate and I love how at the end of the cooking time it switches to warm. I love the temperature probe feature too ?

My favorite/most used is my Wolf range, which is 35 years old, but will outlive me, since it is designed for a commercial kitchen. It has six 20k btu burners, a raised griddle, a half sized oven, and a full sized convection oven, which I rarely use, except when baking large quantities, like at Christmas time.

The second most used is even older - a countertop convection oven from '77, before the days convection ovens were available, or well known to the general public. I have baked hundreds of loaves of bread in it, and, since it has none of the electronic crap which is what dies in today's appliances, it will probably outlive me, too.

My favorite/most used is my Wolf range, which is 35 years old, but will outlive me, since it is designed for a commercial kitchen. It has six 20k btu burners, a raised griddle, a half sized oven, and a full sized convection oven, which I rarely use, except when baking large quantities, like at Christmas time.

The second most used is even older - a countertop convection oven from '77, before the days convection ovens were available, or well known to the general public. I have baked hundreds of loaves of bread in it, and, since it has none of the electronic crap which is what dies in today's appliances, it will probably outlive me, too.
I covet your Wolf range!

My favorites are old too. I have a 35 year old Wolf stove also. When we had this house built 23 years ago, the kitchen was built for Wolf. I think my Kitchen Aid mixer might be older than 35 years and the appliance garage had to accommodate that. Other stuff comes and goes, but those two stay faithful and just keep on working.

I love the red knobs on the Wolf ranges and stoves. My daughter has a 30" Wolf range and I think it's cool.

My 'current' favorite appliance is my new Presto Dual Daddy deep fryer. I love this thing and I've used it a few times already, I've only had it for a week.

Last edited:
I’m really starting to like my induction cooktop! True, it’d be much better if I could adjust the temp in 5° increments instead of 10...

I didn't really have many when Ibreaponded way back in 2017.

Now it would have to be my Vitamix and my InstantPot.

Though my smoker is still my number one tool.

JUST TWO? Are you KIDDING?

Keeping in mind that some of these no longer get much use because I am diabetic now (while others get MORE use):

Bosch Compact Mixer, which replaced my Hobart-era KA mixer. That thing weighed like 40 lbs. The Bosch weighs less than 5, and does a BETTER job on bread dough and really everything else than the KA, while costing about 1/3rd as much as a new (and definitely inferior) KA mixer.

Zo micom rice cooker. I can cook 3/8 cup of rice in that perfectly and know EXACTLY how many carbs I am consuming. I don't use it very often any more but because I CAN cook a single serving of rice in it, it still gets used occasionally.

Vitamix blender.

Soymilk maker - I eat a LOT of tofu now, plus I get the okara (smooshed cooked bean pulp) that is very very very low carb that I am learning to do lots and lots of things with.

Induction plate
Instant pot
Air fryer
electric tea kettle (only because you can't get truly rustproof stovetop tea kettles any more)

My most favorite appliance is Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker because I'm a damn hard coffee lover and I got it after reading various reviews blog. I think it's the best thing I ever got.
And my second choice is Beville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro that also a good investment for me. It's perfect for making Espresso.
I got this after checking this review https://www.10decors.com/best-coffee-grinder-for-espresso/ and seems it's another great investment I ever made.

Apar from, I love Microwave and some other day-to-day use appliances.

The Coffee Maker and the Dishwasher !
I might have to re-think my choices. What would I do without my dishwasher?!:LOL: And it is definitely the most used appliance.

Back in '84, when I set up my kitchen, I wasn't even sure that I wanted a DW! That is because the home dishwashers were so bad back then, you had to rinse everything off of the dishes, before putting them in the DW - otherwise, much of it would dry on, and bread dough was one of the worst! However, this was when KitchenAid first came out with a retail DW that heated the water, to 140°, before washing, so I got one - I said I'd test it with some dried bread dough, and if it didn't work, I'd tell them to take it back, and I'd put another cupboard in there! Fortunately, it worked, and soon after, a lot of companies had the dishwashers with heated water, and eventually, all did.

Before this, people were told that the way to get the dishwashers to clean the dishes well was to turn the heat on their hot water heater up. Besides being energy inefficient, this resulted in a lot of people getting burned!

At this moment, in light of my stove top having crappde out and the new one won't be in for at least 2 more weeks, My single induction burner and my not stick portable electric griddled/frying pan. Thats how Ive been cooking for the last 2 weeks and at least the next 2 weeks ( in addition to the oven and microwave). but I have to rethink everything I make now to get the same results with different tools and have everything done at the same time. Its a challenge but kinda fun.

I would have to say my Instapot for quick meals and my noodle maker on my kitchen aid mixer.

Welcome to the forum! I just made a dish in the IP today, and start using it a lot more in the summer, due to the lower heat output.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom