What is your favorite cooking "gadget?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I was going to say cooking appliance but i want to rule out such staples as the oven and the stove. Make sure you tell us what the favorite food you can cook with it is.

I have a few favorites like my natural color 10" maple wood pepper mill, allclad 2 qt saucepan as appliances go I would say my kitchenaid stand mixer tilt head. My favorite things to make is pizza dough, cookies.

Last edited:
Hand utensil is my dough scraper - great for lifting chopped or diced anything.

My most used appliance is my refrigerator/freezer - it really is a tool and not just a storage place.

My favorite appliance is my coffee grinder - I really like freshly ground coffee!

I have a half-moon strainer that fits over any pot or pan, great for draining pasta or meat. Ordered it from Relish Magazine, which comes monthly in the newspaper.

My spice grinder.

Spatter guards for the frying pan.

All my slow cookers, for just about anything.

My lemon/lime squeezers.

Last edited:
My onion dicer. It works well on peppers, cucumber, garlic, any soft but crisp vegetable. It's great for making salsa because everything comes out small diced (about 1/8" x 1/8").

The hand blender is also pretty useful and so are the small cheese graters.

Last edited:
There is nothing greater than a food processor. Mostly because I'm lazy but also because I absolutely love hummus. Seriously, I could eat the stuff by the spoonful if it didn't get so many funny looks on the subway.

Every meal I make, I use these to prepare.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 129
I love mine too!

Oxo cherry piter is pretty handy!
Mortars and Pestles too.

Ever since getting my Oxo cherry/olive pitter, all the kalamata olives I've bought have been pitted already :wacko: It's a great gadget though. It's got that "one for the cook, three for the dish" built into it :angel:

I love my chop wizard. I've always hated dicing food. I have a mini processor but sometimes I want things chunkier than that usually leaves them. On a whim I bought the chop wizard on sale. Best thing I've ever bought. Onions, eggs, celery, peppers, smoked sausage, tons of other stuff. I think the only thing I haven't done is tomatoes but then I don't usually dice those anyway. Dicing and mincing both available and it's so easy to use and pops into the dishwasher.

Back
Top Bottom