What should I ask for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vegetarian_bri

Assistant Cook
Im going to ask for Kitchen Appliances for Christmas this year. I was wondering what are some good things to get? I love to bake but also love to just cook too.

And if you have some personal experience with bad brands let me know. Good brands? And one more thing, were not made of money.

I just got a pannini press and I really love it. I can't remember the brand though. I really love a warm sandwich and a bowl of soup in the winter. Yum. :chef:

I love my flexible cutting boards.. cheap, easy to clean!
A good knife!
Mixing bowls, cookie sheets, mini-cup cake pans

I'm at that point of needing a couple new knives.

Been married 30+ years (but didn't cook for the past 10) and all my stuff is OLD. Some is really good stuff but some is just plain old and needs to be replaced.

I'm using my food processor a lot these days to chop and slice veggies, and my breadmaker still fascinates me.

I have a Jennaire cooktop with the grill and griddle units, if I didn't have the indoor grill I would have to have a big George Foreman to do grilled chicken. I just cook for me and the hubby.

A good stand mixer for making cakes, cookies and bread. Lots of them on sale now. I love my KitchenAid! If you bake a lot, a nice nut chopper or nut grinder is useful. I'll repeat "Good Kitchen Knives."

Not many of us are made of money, but it's a proven fact that if you buy quality, that you will have it for many years to come.

An Ice creme maker. I love mine. It makes more than just ice creme you can make some cool stuff with it also

A coffee grinder but used for spices to make fresh spice blends.....will save you tons of money making your own let alone they taste sooo much better!

Also one of those small food processors...aprox 30 bucks! great for so many things!

blender if you dont have one.

rice cooker (can't live without mine!!! ;) )

A hand blender. It is just great to puree soups, etc. rather than transferring to the food processor.

I really do need some knives, and an electric mixer. Ours broke last week, it was tragic. However Ive heard Kitchen Aid's are horribly expensive

What is a food saver?

If by horrible you mean a well made heavy duty appliance that will last a lifetime then yes! ;)

Good knives are essential, especially for a vegetarian... I can hack up a piece of meat with any old knife, but vegetables require the precision and safety you can only get with quality blades...

If you want to get something that will give you the most bang for the buck, ask for a food processor. You can do more with one than any other
single, tabletop appliance.

Back
Top Bottom