Wish they made microwave ovens for dummies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google Microwaves with programmable presets.

You could label the buttons for the individual person.

Button #1. Sally's soup

Button #2. Jim's beef stew

Button #3. Fred's I don't know what it is and don't see how he eats it since it smells so bad.

Good luck with finding what fits your needs.

I'm of the get the cheapest you can find camp.

Microwave technology old school. It's the controls that make the difference.

Bakechef, Be very afraid of that microwave that runs with the door open.

The safety switch isn't working.

If I were you I'd toss it yesterday.

"Microwaves are very bad for you." I personally don't have the knowledge but it's something my brother who has a PhD in nuclear physics told me once.

At the very least wear lead undies when you use it. ;)

... I'm ticked off at their stupidity more than anything else...
You can't fix stupid. However, since you spent only $38 on the new microwave, it looks like you can limit what it costs ya.

Stick a cup next to the control pad. Tell them they have to stick $1 in the cup each time they turn the timer to more than 2 minutes. You might have enough to buy the next oven by the time they kill this one. Unless, of course, one of the employee's "borrows" the kitty money. :ermm:

Saw one today in Home Depot. It had presets for a bunch of stuff. You may want to check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Put a plug lock on it, you will remove it for that person IF they can show you they know how to treat a microwave.

Well, for the cost of one good, commercial microwave with preset buttons I figured I can buy about 10 of these $38 microwaves. If I get at least a year out of this one I'll be a happy camper...

When I moved into my new home last year I was shopping for cleaning supplies at Walmart, and noticed they had a Hamilton Beach microwave for $65. Having broken my old microwave in the move I got the HB, and it's worked fine for about 1-1/2 years.

Just get a cheapo and replace it every 1-2 years when some doofis breaks it.

Back
Top Bottom