1000+ cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, 2012 is the year I'm downsizing. I have over 1000 cookbooks. Since most DCers are in the US, I would be more than happy to send cookbooks I don't want to DCers rather than donate to the local Goodwill by US mail (a donation to your local food bank or animal shelter for the postage would be appreciated). If you are interested in being sent a list of the cookbooks I don't want to keep or are duplicates, PM me (but give me a few days to figure out how to empty my mailbox). Once you receive the list, I will need a mailing address.

Canadians are welcome to let me know as well, but I'm not sending them US Post!

You also may think of contacting your local public library if you want to donate. Most around here hold a big used book sale every year, or have a used books for purchase shelf. These are bonanzas for those of us who couldn't possibly afford to buy all of our books new. About 85% of the books I read are library check-outs, 14% bought from their sale or used book shelves (I think $1 for paperbacks, $2 for hard), then occaisionally I pick up a new one.

You also may think of contacting your local public library if you want to donate. Most around here hold a big used book sale every year, or have a used books for purchase shelf. These are bonanzas for those of us who couldn't possibly afford to buy all of our books new. About 85% of the books I read are library check-outs, 14% bought from their sale or used book shelves (I think $1 for paperbacks, $2 for hard), then occaisionally I pick up a new one.
I would prefer to share them directly, but those that I don't want/aren't claimed will go to a local charity.

CWS4322 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I would like to see your list as well, unless you're overwhelmed with responses then don't worry about it.

againuntodust said:
CWS4322 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I would like to see your list as well, unless you're overwhelmed with responses then don't worry about it.

Ditto

Me too!

Okay--I've emptied my mailbox. I have cut and pasted the posts from those interested in seeing the list. It will take me awhile to get everything sorted. I have started with the little booklets from Pillsbury, etc. I have about 150 of those (or maybe more).

Unwanted Cookbooks

First one to PM me:

Favorite Recipes: Kraft Velveeta. Quick Cooking with Velveeta Process Cheese Spread. Jan 1991.

First one to PM me, gets it. I will mail it when I'm in TX in January.

Wait- just that one is gone, or all of them? I would still love to see a list of what you have...
Just that one--I knew I didn't want it because I don't use Velveeta. There are lots more to come and I'll put the list out to everyone--this was a one-off.

I have a big hunk of velveeta in my refrig and I have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking my picky child will surely like something smothered in processed cheese. :ermm: Not going to lie though, I like the stuff. I am also a fan of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I prefer it over home cooked. :in_love:

Merlot said:
I have a big hunk of velveeta in my refrig and I have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking my picky child will surely like something smothered in processed cheese. :ermm: Not going to lie though, I like the stuff. I am also a fan of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I prefer it over home cooked. :in_love:

Velveeta cheese is great for grilled cheese sandwiches, home made Mac and cheese, or you could try something different, like spam burgers:

1 can low sodium spam
1 can low sodium cream soup
1 small onion
1 1/2 inch block velveeta cheese

Grind all ingredient, mix together. Spread on day old buns and broil until golden brown.

(if you don't use low sodium they can be pretty salty) My mom grew up by a spam factory and this is one of the recipes my great grandma used to make. It's surprisingly good lol

Velveeta cheese is great for grilled cheese sandwiches, home made Mac and cheese, or you could try something different, like spam burgers:

1 can low sodium spam
1 can low sodium cream soup
1 small onion
1 1/2 inch block velveeta cheese

Grind all ingredient, mix together. Spread on day old buns and broil until golden brown.

(if you don't use low sodium they can be pretty salty) My mom grew up by a spam factory and this is one of the recipes my great grandma used to make. It's surprisingly good lol

I don't know if I like spam :huh: but I do like canned corned beef! Could use that :)

In my 27 years I have never tried Velveeta. Am I missing out on something awesome?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom