Anthony Bourdain Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks BreezyCooking, I had no idea the series was on dvds. My husband & I love that show. I am putting that on my Christmas wish list!

rrrrrooooooooooowrrrrrrrr! meow meow puuuuuuuuuuuuur! LOVE Mr. Bourdain, I think he is the sexiest man alive! :rolleyes: Will have to check this out.... ppppppuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I love that show. Always good to hear honest travel opinions. Some of the food doesn't look great to me...but most of it does ! haha

"No Reservations" Marathon Today

For any of you fans who might be home today, The Travel Channel is running a "No Reservations" marathon from 1 p.m. on, culminating in the new season which starts tonight at 10 p.m.

I just got the email, the new season starts TONIGHT!!!! Screaming it from a mountaintop. If there were mountains in Kansas....ok.... HAYBALE!!!! From a haybale!!! New season starts tonight! New season starts tonight!!! yipppeeeeeeee

The All-New Season of 'Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations' Begins Tonight, Monday, January 7 at 10PM E/P

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bourdain kicks off an all-new season of 'No Reservations' in Singapore. A gastronomical crossroad of Indian, Chinese, Malay, and Indonesian cuisines, Singapore, and its entire splendor, serves as an idyllic backdrop to kick off the new season. Whether seeking out the best vendor for the favorite local dish, chicken rice, visiting a reflexologist for a traditional foot massage to diagnose all that ails his body, or sampling the unique fare at a downtown "hospital chic" concept restaurant, Bourdain savors this destination's balance of modern development and time-honored culture. [/FONT]

The show "A Cook's Tour" is an old one & pre-"No Reservations". He wasn't happy with Food Network & left to do his own thing on The Travel Channel (the "No Reservations" shows). Apparently, due to his immense current popularity, Food Channel has decided to take advantage of it by airing the old shows, which I believe they own.

While they're nicely done & along the same vein as "No Reservations", the 1/2-hour format was just too short to make much of an impact on the places he visited.

Edited to add: For anyone interested, the show has been airing Tuesday nights at 10:30 p.m. Sometimes one episode; sometimes 2 back-to back.

Last edited:
We saw him at the Side Street Inn, in Honolulu where he was filming his Hawaii episode. His wife and kid(s) stayed at the W@Diamondhead. Though it was neat to see that sometimes his family tags along.

I always wondered what his family, if he had one, did while he traveled. He divorced from his first wife in, I believe, 2005, & just recently ('07) became a father & remarried (in that order - lol!). At least that's what the imdb (Internet Movie DataBase - The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)) site says.

Have been enjoying the new season of "No Reservations", but has anyone else but me noticed that dear Tony seems to be developing a bit of a paunch? It seemed especially noticeable during the most recently aired episode in the Greek Islands.

Wonder if it has anything to do with him quitting smoking since the birth of his daughter last April.

Just a FYI - If you miss one of the Monday night new-season "No Reservations" episodes, it's repeated the following Saturday at 1 p.m.

thanks breezy.

i missed the new one last night, but caught a coupla old ones. russia was good, and i liked peru.

the best lines from peru were:

1. when tony told his hosts, looking around with a very satisfied expression on his face after a full meal and some drinks, that he enjoyed where they live (a somehwat squalid shack on a mountain), .
his hosts chuckled and said, "you can have it". :)

2. i don't remember to what he referred, but the comment "it was bleeding more money than a rocco dispirito restaurant". a classic.

I love Bourdain and Zimmern. They're totally opposite ends of the spectrum. Bourdain is cynical and brooding. Bourdain is optimistic and upbeat. I love watching both. The one annoying thing I find about Bourdain's show is when he tries to wax philosophical at the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom