Any new cookbooks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Has anyone gotten any new cookbooks lately? My latest one is called "Church Socials" by Barbara Greenman. There are 782 recipes in it. The book is filled with good down home comfort food recipes. When I get a new cookbook I usually put a post note on the page of recipes I want to make. Well, with this book I started to mark almost every page.:)

My dad gave me a local (Fresno, CA, where he lives) fundraiser cookbook for Christmas; I put a ton of Post-its in there, too ;) And we saw Bobby Flay do a cooking demo recently, and I bought his Mesa Grill cookbook. I've made several recipes from it - they've all been good, although I added more heat to several ;)

th_pepper00.gif

Last edited:
My dad is working part-time at his library, just putting away books.
He is a book freak, so any time they are giving away books he grabs 'em.
Usually I get the cookbooks unless he decides it's too good to give away right away (cuz he figures I'll have them when he's gone soon enough anyway, morbid ain't he?!)
Anyway I got "the potato book" last week. Pretty neat.

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a cookbookaholic.....

I've been trying to be good and have restrained myself from buying any new cookbooks since Christmastime, but my "want" list is loooooooooong. I feel myself weakening. Oh no!:ohmy:

I need a new cookbook! Anyone want to recommend their favorite Italian one? I have a few on the subject, but only one is well-used (it's from a lady who had a cooking show back in the 70s called "Mama D"); the rest have too much seafood (ick).

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a cookbookaholic.....

I've been trying to be good and have restrained myself from buying any new cookbooks since Christmastime, but my "want" list is loooooooooong. I feel myself weakening. Oh no!:ohmy:

my want list is never ending. i already have many cookbooks and won't live long enough to try all the dishes i have marked.

trying really hard,not to give in and buy more. are we sick? naw!

babe:chef:

LOL - Katie you got Step 1 down ... but I think you might be mixed up on Step 10:

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Not really sure that means taking an inventory of your cookbook collection and ordering one that you don't have that you thought you did. :LOL:

LOL - Katie you got Step 1 down ... but I think you might be mixed up on Step 10:

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Not really sure that means taking an inventory of your cookbook collection and ordering one that you don't have that you thought you did. :LOL:

You mean there are more steps?!!

Oh, Michael, that has "kinda" happened to me. One year, for Christmas, Buck wanted to get me a German cookbook. He didn't check with me or, I guess, didn't scan our cookbook shelves. I know all my cookbooks by size/shape/color. (I'm weird that way.) As a result he proudly gave me a cookbook I'd had for about 10 years. Oops!

I have a cookbook collection. I started it a couple years ago. I have about 70 now. And I'm just getting started! I actually have $20 that was given to me and when they asked what i'm gonna do with it, I said I'm definitely buying a cookbook. So, now it's a HUGE eeny meeny miny moe on which one I'll get. I want them all! I haven't bought one lately, but I will soon!

We had a friend and his daughter here for Easter and he brought me this huge basket of goodies and in it was a cookbook..Elenora's Kitchen..I'm just looking at the cover now, it is a collection of American Italian recipes...will look at it more deeply tomorrow and see what it has..I don't really cook from books, but rather look through them and then do the recipe my way or combine several to get what I know my crew will enjoy..

kadesma;)

Hello Katie. Yes am a cookbookaholic also. Am a recovering one I hope.

But also am a bibliophile, so what do you do with someone who loves books, particularly cookbooks, but has many other interests?

I am trying to convince myself that I have more than enough books to last me through reading for many more lives.

Am doing the best I can.

do you get a bunch of pamphlets in a few months if you bury it in rich soil?

wow. i musta made 1 too many bagels this morning.
I cant even think of a smart answer for that.
but :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: anyway!!!!

I need a new cookbook! Anyone want to recommend their favorite Italian one? I have a few on the subject, but only one is well-used (it's from a lady who had a cooking show back in the 70s called "Mama D"); the rest have too much seafood (ick).

The Silver Spoon (Il cucchiaio d’argento) is one of the coolest I think. I keep meaning to get my own copy (I have bought them as gifts and then borrowed back.... terrible). It is a translation of an encyclopedia of Italian coooking compiled by Domus. It is sort of an art-book. Short on edetorial conted but full of classic italian recipes.

I think it makes a great reference and it is a lovely book.

The Williamsburg Cookbook-an old copy-new to me...I wanted a traditional recipe for Brunswick Stew...what I have found in the past is that everywhere named Brunswick claims to be "the" one...

Hi, Jkath,

Italian cookery books - any written by Marcella Hazan

Archiduc :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom