Cookbook for non veggie eating people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadManInc

Assistant Cook
Hi there

Does anyone know of any cookbooks that only deal with people who dont eat their vegetables?

Cheers

Well, if you don't WANT to eat vegs, most true barbecue (not grilling) cookbooks focus on meats.

I can personally recommend this book Amazon.com: Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook: A Real Barbecue Champion Brings the Tasty Recipes and Juicy Stories of the Barbecue Circuit to Your Backyard: Books: Ray Lampe

The recipes in there are mainly first place competition winners, and the author, who is a friend of mine, won't eat anything green.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to try to get the person to LIKE vegetables, there is this book Amazon.com: Vegetables You Used to Hate!: Books: Darlene King

Lee

are you trying to find recipes that make veggies more interesting ? or are you trying to give a book to 20oz prime rib and baked potato hold the salad people?

not sure what your question is.

I can think of two possibilities for DeadManInc:

1) He/she has gone onto the Atkins Diet.
2) He/she has been talking to my oldest step-son, who only wants to eat meat.

I think the BBQ cookbook idea is probably the best bet for meats only.

However, I'm a firm believer in a well-balanced diet.

CharlieD, have you been reading my signature lately? ROFL! I've been using that line for over 10 years now.

I suppose Bruce Aidell's and Denis Kelly's "The Comlete Meat Cookbook" might come close to being a veg free zone.

It has some good information about the various cuts of meat, sort of in the style of Merle Ellis' book (which it is not a substitute for), but has many more recipes.

The recipes are, not surprisingly, for meat dishes. A vegetable reading the book would almost certainly feel an outcast, with those recipes calling for veggies generally including little more than tomato products, a member of the onion family, or a chile or two.

In virtually all the dishes the veggies take a minor supporting role. The only actual non-meat recipe I remember is for coleslaw. But it is to jazz up a pork sandwich, so I suppose a true carnivore might, albeit grudgingly, accept its admission.

That is as close to a book for flora shunning cellulose-phobic folks as I can come.

Back
Top Bottom