Flavour Wave Oven Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadavidson7

Assistant Cook
Is there one? Does one exist? A little apprehensive in using this new device, though fascinated with what I have already done. Need more help. Can anyone help me out there.:chef:KD

Is there one? Does one exist? A little apprehensive in using this new device, though fascinated with what I have already done. Need more help. Can anyone help me out there.:chef:KD

Are you saying you are afraid to use a cookbook? Or the oven? What is a Flavour Wave Oven? :chef:

Bought it on the Shopping Channel - Halogen cooking. Surprised you never heard of this.
KKanada

Looked it up. Amazon has cookbooks for this oven. Looked at the reviews. Was not too impressed. Am surprised it didn't come with a cookbook. :chef:

I just watched several of the youtube "How To" videos on this type of oven. I was surprised that two of them mentioned "The food cooks from the inside, out. That's total nonsense. No oven cooks foods from the inside out. That claim was popular about microwave ovens at first, but was shown to be false. The Turbo oven cooks with infrared heat and a Halogen bulb. Both cook from the outside to the inside, just as a standard oven does. Evidently, the Turbo oven has a fan that circulates the heat like any convection oven does. The combination of the Halogen heat, the infrared heat and the hot air movement cooks the food.

It's good that no oil is needed. That feature is pretty cool.

I looked at it on Amazon. Was not impressed. Just another gizmo to take up counter and storage space. Looked at the reviews. They were mixed. So you don't want to heat up your kitchen with the oven on? Turn on the AC. Its' hook? You have to buy all the extras like the extender separately. I am very skeptical when a product comes along that is really no different from what you already have in your home. My sister was a great one for believing every thing she saw in advertisments.

I mentioned before about one of our channels tests the "As Seen On TV." Last week it was that thingy where you can put your spices. Very flimsy, too tall for the average shelf. Have to remove dishes and a shelf to make it fit. And it has to have clearance room on both sides. And the kicker was that regular spice jars are too tall. It holds only the little ones. When I first saw this I thought it was a good idea. But I will wait until someone else buys it. I have the feeling this oven will be a bust in a year or so. Great item for a yard sale. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom