Found a new magazine today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesS

Senior Cook
Picked up a new magazine today at Walmart, DEENBROS good Cooking (their capitalization pattern, not mine). I had no clue who the Deen brothers were, but assumed that they're related to Paula Deen. I'm pretty sure they're her sons since they talk about "Mama" in the introduction. There's an older white haired woman sitting with them, someone who's more into celebrity cooks than I am would probably know if that's her.

Anyhow, onto the magazine. It's really more of a cookbook in a magazine format. There are no articles. Just recipes. The recipes themselves have a heavy tilt towards a male audience. Lots of manly ingredients like beer, onions, cheese, beef and bacon are used with a fair amount of skewering, grilling and frying.

There are five sections:
Appetizers, Starters and Cocktails
Breakfasts, Brunches and Breads
Burgers, Chicken and Pasta
Salads, Sides and Veggies
Cakes, Puddings and Cookies

All in all, a nice looking magazine with first rate photography and recipes with easily accessible ingredients. I'll try some of the recipes next week. I don't know if this is going to be a recurring thing, or if it's a one shot. There was no subscription card for it (there was one for Taste magazine).

You are right on all counts James. The DEEN Brothers (They do capitalize it a lot) are Paula Deen's sons. They have been on their Mama's shows a lot, had their own FN show for awhile (Road Tasted before the Neeleys) and have a new cookbook out. It might be that the cookbook I heard about is in magazine format because it sounds exactly the same, the way you described it.

Maybe they are testing the waters a bit before committing to a real cookbook! Alas, it won't probably be in Canada for awhile.

It's Paula's boy's I heard them talking about it on one of her shows.
kades

I'll have to check it out when I am at WalMart this weekend. If it is going to be more recipes than ads and other stuff I'd subscribe.

The only ad in the whole thing is on the back cover...for Velveeta of all things.

LOL.. well the Deens do love their processed foods.. cheese, cream soups, mayonnaise. Yes I admit it.. I have watched Paula's shows and see the ones with the boys on them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom