Free pickling and salting cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And it is not really free. Only for the first month and then if you do not cancel it is $9.99 plus tax.
I don't know what you mean. I simply downloaded the book, as I have done before with free Amazon books. There was nothing that said anything about a charge.

I don't know what you mean. I simply downloaded the book, as I have done before with free Amazon books. There was nothing that said anything about a charge.

Charlie is right. You only get it for 30 days free and then they will start automatically charging you for Kindle Unlimited. Read the fine print (links). It's actually not a free book. By clicking on the read now or free button (whatever it was) you are actually asking for a 30-day free trial of Kindle Unlimited and then it will be $9.99 a month. The book itself is actually $4.99 for a Kindle edition if you want to buy it and keep it forever. They are being sneaky IMO.

Also, I can't find anything on this author. Does she have any creds?

Charlie is right. You only get it for 30 days free and then they will start automatically charging you for Kindle Unlimited. Read the fine print (links). It's actually not a free book. By clicking on the read now or free button (whatever it was) you are actually asking for a 30-day free trial of Kindle Unlimited and then it will be $9.99 a month. The book itself is actually $4.99 for a Kindle edition if you want to buy it and keep it forever. They are being sneaky IMO.

Also, I can't find anything on this author. Does she have any creds?

While you are there, download my latest book on open heart surgery. It's FREE! Well, as far as you know.

I am an Amazon Prime member. I didn't plan to be one. I didn't remember to cancel the membership after 30 days. Marketing people love forgetful people.

CD

I looked through my Amazon purchases and settings and can't find anything that says I'm signed up for Kindle Unlimited. If something went wrong for someone, I apologize. I didn't intend to mislead anyone.

Hm. I downloaded it, and haven't found anything about subscribing to anything later either. I'm a Prime member though. You didn't mislead anyone, GG.

Last edited:
Nope, i've been a prime member for 2-3 years and it requires me to sign up for a 30-day free trial for kindle unlimited.

While you are there, download my latest book on open heart surgery. It's FREE! Well, as far as you know.

I am an Amazon Prime member. I didn't plan to be one. I didn't remember to cancel the membership after 30 days. Marketing people love forgetful people.

CD

You can cancel and they'll refund unused portion.

I bookmarked this thread when I read it earlier today...and then forgot to check on the pickling book while I was using my tablet. Since we have neither Amazon Prime nor Kindle Unlimited, I'm glad I saw there were conditions before I logged into Kindle and ignored the small print. :LOL: Thanks, Charlie, for pointing this out.

...I am an Amazon Prime member. I didn't plan to be one. I didn't remember to cancel the membership after 30 days. Marketing people love forgetful people.
Since I'm a Cleveland Indians fan living in exile in MA, I listen to the baseball games online. To do this, I need to buy their "At Bat" audio service. Once you buy in, it renews automatically about this time each year. To find out how to cancel, it is almost impossible to find the info on the webpage. I told Himself whenif we move back to OH, I'll have to change the billing information with MLB...to an account we no longer have! :LOL:

Amazon is offering a free pickling and salting e-book! Not all pickling requires canning, and they're so delicious! Grab yours now!

Salting and Pickling Big Collection: 90 Delicious Recipes: (Pickles Recipes, Homemade Pickles) Kindle Edition

It appears that it's only available in the U.S. Sorry.
I don't think they expect us Brits to do that sort of thing. I made marmalade just after Christmas and an acquaintance thought this very odd. Her reaction was "But you can buy it!"

Don't know what she'd think if she knew I used to salt my own belly pork to make terrines and sausages!

If anyone over here is interested it is available on Amazon UK

Salting and Pickling Big Collection: 90 Delicious Recipes: (Pickles Recipes, Homemade Pickles)10 Jan 2017
by Sarah Carlos
Kindle Edition
£0.00
Subscribers read for £0.00.Learn more.

Last edited:
Prime members automatically get kindle unlimited

I use it all the time.

I'll return a book and get this one

Thanks GG!

Really, that's odd. I was logged in and it wanted me to join for a 30-day trial, then $9.99 a month.

I think the book itself is free (or it was - these free deals don't usually last long) and once you get the book, it displays an ad to join Kindle Unlimited. But you don't have to join to get the book. At least, I didn't.

Really, that's odd. I was logged in and it wanted me to join for a 30-day trial, then $9.99 a month.

I just loookd that up.

Apparently Prime members get free access a subset of Kindle Unlimited books but not the whole library.

I can download 10 free ones at a time.

I downloaded the pickling book in question for free using Kindle Unlimited last night.

I have the Kindle app for iPad, along with the Kindle Paperwhite. I just looked through the book on my iPad, the recipes look good. At the end, they offer a free download of slow cooker recipes.

BTW, you can download the free Kindle app and put it on any computer, phone, tablet, etc. You don't even have to own a Kindle.

Last edited:
:)

I don't think they expect us Brits to do that sort of thing. I made marmalade just after Christmas and an acquaintance thought this very odd. Her reaction was "But you can buy it!"

Don't know what she'd think if she knew I used to salt my own belly pork to make terrines and sausages!

You made me laugh :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom