I received my new "JOY OF COOKING" today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BreezyCooking said:
Just received my latest Daedalus Books catalog (my FAVORITE book catalog), & they had the newest edition of Joy of Cooking for $18.95.

Here's the website page: http://www.daedalusbooks.com/Products/Search/HomeQuickSearchResult.asp?Search=69589&Media=&image1.x=12&image1.y=4

This is why I never EVER pay full price for books anymore. Between Daedalus & my Borders Rewards discounts at Borders Books, I haven't paid more than 30-50% for any book, CD, or DVD.

Thanks for the website, I am always looking for new places to get books. :flowers:

Let me tell you - Daedalus is FABULOUS!!! Shipping is low, I always recieve my order within 3 days & they have a wonderful inventory. They're basically a warehouse that carries leftover, out-of-print, & overstock books. In fact, there was a recent article on them in The Washington Post about what a great business they are.

And I agree that they ARE a terrific business. I've gotten not only fabulous out-of-print cooking & gardening books from them, but also CD's, DVD's, & great notecards. In fact, this past Halloween I gifted several friends with boxes of "Gargoyle" notecards that Daedalus had on sale.

Daedalus makes a LOT of $$$$ off of me - lol!!!! But they're worth every penny. Everything is packed extremely well - I have yet to receive anything less than pristine. But you know, their customer service is so wonderful, that I wouldn't worry if something did arrive less than.

I paid $18 on Amazon. Shipping is free if the total purchase is $25 or more (easy for me). Otherwise, it's only $3.00 and very speedy.

For those who live or work in the Baltimore area, Daedelus' warehouse is in Columbia, md. Most books are $4.98 - you can spend all day in there! They also have a store closer to downtown at Belvedere Square

I picked up the new Joy at Sam's yesterday for about 16 bucks. I was going to try to skip this edition since I have an old 1946, as well as my 1975 and 1997 editions. But alas, I couldn't resist for long!!!

PytnPlace said:
I picked up the new Joy at Sam's yesterday for about 16 bucks. I was going to try to skip this edition since I have an old 1946, as well as my 1975 and 1997 editions. But alas, I couldn't resist for long!!!
Good deal! Sounds as if you're on your way to becoming a "complete-ist." :LOL:

So I got the new Joy. I know I'm in the minority, but I like the '97 all new all purpose chef friendly version best. I'm familiar with it, it's one of my first refernce areas...my sis will like the new anniversary edition...to each his or her own.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom