japanese dessert cooking book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sari84

Assistant Cook
Hi all...
my name is sari,...i'm new here...sounds like this forum is very interesting. Anyway...i'm looking for a japanese cooking book, that specializes on japanese dessert (written in english ofcourse...), does anyone know the name? it's rather hard to find it in my local book store...the ones i see usually only focus on the dishes.

Hi Sari, welcome to DC! :chef:

I can't honestly think of a title off the top of my head that matches your request (entirely about Japanese desserts), but perhaps this site will be a starting point in your search for Japanese dessert recipes as it lists the names of a lot of common Japanese sweets. From their you could Google any ones that struck your interest for their recipes: Japanese Cuisine - desserts

wooww...that's a very quick reply...haha...
thanks Piccolina..i'm gonna search for that site now..hopefully it will lead me to something or somewhere...thanks :) anyway...if anybody else know, would you guys please tell me? thanks...

hmm...that doesnt lead me anywhere unfortunately :( i was thinking about making those little japanese sweets like varieties of mochi. i think they look so cute, and taste great...i wonder where i can learn that from...

sari84 said:
hmm...that doesnt lead me anywhere unfortunately :( i was thinking about making those little japanese sweets like varieties of mochi. i think they look so cute, and taste great...i wonder where i can learn that from...

Hi Sari, sorry if I didn't explain too well in my first post...I meant that Wiki could offer you some brief descriptions of desserts (in case you don't know too many of them) and then you could take the name of the dessert/sweets that caught your attention and Google their names in hopes of finding a recipe for them. You might also find this collection of Japanese dessert recipes really handy :)

Back
Top Bottom