Joy Of Cooking -- New Edition 10/31/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for telling us. I'm not collecting any more cook books, but will order the new JOC.

I'm looking forward to taking a look at it. I know that in The New JOC they cut out some of what many people thought make JOC so special ... the "About" parts that explained about ingredients ...

Perhaps it is time to take the old recipes and "update" them ... but my kids will have to fight over my old JOC ... sometimes you just can't beat the classics!

Michael in FtW said:
I know that in The New JOC they cut out some of what many people thought make JOC so special

I think Michael is referring to the 1997 edition of Joy, which was widely criticized for changes that were made in that edition. The new 2006 edition is supposed to correct those deficiencies and restore much of what was lost, plus add a lot of new and updated information.

Read the information on the Amazon site for a more detailed explanation of the improvements.

FryBoy said:
I think Michael is referring to the 1997 edition of Joy, which was widely criticized for changes that were made in that edition. The new 2006 edition is supposed to correct those deficiencies and restore much of what was lost, plus add a lot of new and updated information.

Read the information on the Amazon site for a more detailed explanation of the improvements.

This editorial gives you the whole scoop.

"but my kids will have to fight over my old JOC" Geez Michael, you mean you only have one copy? Wanna borrow a couple of mine? That'd still leave me 2 :) to go along with my 4 copies of Fannie Farmer:LOL:

I will certainly get the newest Joy, but like so many others, a particular edition is near and dear, and for me it's the revised 97 one that so many criticized. I think it's great for the very reasons so many didn't care for it.
I'm not a canned soup cooker, I make the bechamel. I like lower fat options and the ethnic inclusions. That said, there will be value to the newest as well...so i will make room on my shelf for it.

Robo410 said:
I will certainly get the newest Joy, but like so many others, a particular edition is near and dear, and for me it's the revised 97 one that so many criticized. I think it's great for the very reasons so many didn't care for it.
I'm not a canned soup cooker, I make the bechamel. I like lower fat options and the ethnic inclusions. That said, there will be value to the newest as well...so i will make room on my shelf for it.

Yup! Uh! HUH! Like you said.:blink: Dejavus?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom