Never Underestimate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~emz~

Senior Cook
When I was in line in the grocery store, at the till I picked up a little cook book. And you know what I have learned? To never underestimate a cookbook no matter what. Because that little cookbook has provided me with many an awesome recipe, and some of my expensive ones haven't. These grocery till cook books are perfect! They aren't extravagant, but they put a new take on different things. So next time you are waiting in line, flip through one, it might just be worth your while. Good luck!:chef:

Thanks, ~emz~. I hate all that clutter around the register, and usually ignore it. But next time I'll keep that in mind.

Care to share some of the spins on recipes?​

I picked one up for the DW like that. Looked like a little pamphlet near the register. She loves it.

Well, I'm a fairly inexperienced cook, so it might not be cool to you, but we had a take on lasagna a few nights ago that used rotini noodles and instead of cottage cheese had vegetable and chive cream cheese, along with some frozen spinach. It was really good.

I look thru them all the time and see things that sound great!. Then I will buy it and try some of the recipes. Then change them to my personal preference and I love doing this and the books are cheap and good. Digger

I agree!
i love all my cook books, the fancy and the cheap and one of my most useful books was a cheapy called something like 1001 recipes, and when all my 'good books' fail this one pulls something out of the hat for a simple supper ith family or friends.

Any recipe has to be worth at least reading, right?!

Any recipe has to be worth at least reading, right?!
most definitely!

Thanks for the reminder, emz! I love those little books - years ago I picked one up and ended up getting the idea for my son's birthday party/cake out of it!

I also have one of those books that was picked up by my husband's grandmother many years ago (it has the stamp from the italian market she shopped at). Her notes are written all thru it and it's a family treasure to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom