Rachael Ray's 365 recipes 30 min cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely don't need another bowl to wash, so what I do when I'm prepping food is to set up an old grocery-store plastic shopping or produce bag on the counter (sometimes doubled if I'll be prepping a lot of "juicy" ingredients), & then tie it up & toss it out.

I do recycle fairly religiously, so feel that the few times I'm prepping enough to use a plastic bag for it isn't that environmentally out of line.

The bag sounds like a better idea than the bowl. I may even try putting a bag in a bowl, to keep the bag standing up.

I use a bag as well. I do not shop weekly. I usually go daily or whenever I want to make something. I will go out just before I am ready to cook so I just use one of the bags that my groceries were in and then that bag goes right in the trash.

I've tried the bag, but it can be pretty messy too, which is what I'm trying to avoid. I have a big cheap plastic bowl that I'll designate a garbage bowl and see how that works. Maybe a combination of bag in bowl would save washing and messes.

BC

Has anyone else had the experience that Rachel's combination of ingredients is good, but her cooking method can be improved upon? I did her Balsamic Chicken and it burnt on the outside and didn't cook on the inside. Typically my problem when I try and pan cook chicken. I found if I use her recipe and then cook in the oven or in some way that I know will work, the recipes come out better. Fast is okay, but I have always found that slow cooking makes for tastier food.

I was curious about Rachel's bookbooks because it seems on her show she doesn't really use recipes. Throw some meat in a pan, add some canned chicken stock, some chopped veggies and a handful of herbs. Cook a few minutes and then dump it out on a plate. I never see much real variety from her.

Gee, Teleri, that's the way I cook all the time! :LOL:

My daughter likes R.R.'s show because R.R. usually presents a "whole meal" format--this dish is matched up with that dish. And the meal is usually pretty foolproof, though not necessarily spectacular.

my wife really likes her original "30 minute meals" cookbooks, so i'm probably gonna pick this one up for her for christmas.

as far as her show goes, 30 minutes is a little short on reality. yes, you can do it in 30 minutes, IF your staff has conveniently set up all of the ingredients and cookware you'll need, at the ready. 45 minutes to an hour for most of her dishes is more realistic.

all of my staff is usually watching cartoons and making poopy diapers. only some of rachel's does that, i suspect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom