All-Clad 12 qt SS Multi-Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We needed to replace some non-stick stock pots that were loosing the non-stick surface. We had a 20% off coupon from BB&B. Looks like this baby can replace several other pots and gadgets. It has two steamer baskets, one of which can be used fir pasta. The other can replace the baskets we stick in sauce pans when we want to steam. Anyone else have one of these?

PS- Has anyone used a potato ricer to "squeeze" the liquid out of steamed/boiled spinach?

Craig, do you have a link to the All-clad?

I use my Oxo ricer to squeeze spinach all the time. Works great!

I have something similar (not All-Clad). I pretty much stopped using it because it takes so much water to fill it enough to boil pasta, and I don't steam that much food at one time. I use it for a stock pot and sometimes for large amounts of pasta sauce, but that's it.

I have something similar (not All-Clad). I pretty much stopped using it because it takes so much water to fill it enough to boil pasta, and I don't steam that much food at one time. I use it for a stock pot and sometimes for large amounts of pasta sauce, but that's it.

Compared to the pot I've been using for pasta, this is small.:)

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. It mostly takes up room in the cabinet. It's just too large for daily use at our house. Because of the size it requires hand washing because it doesn't fit in the dishwasher. Too much of a PITA just to boil pasta.

We do use it periodically when preparing larger quantities of food for guests. A double batch of red beans and rice comes to mind. It also makes a great crawfish boil pot.

Just my .02.

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. It mostly takes up room in the cabinet. It's just too large for daily use at our house. Because of the size it requires hand washing because it doesn't fit in the dishwasher. Too much of a PITA just to boil pasta.

We do use it periodically when preparing larger quantities of food for guests. A double batch of red beans and rice comes to mind. It also makes a great crawfish boil pot.

Just my .02.

Must be a small boil, cause I think my 40 qt is too small for a 40# sack!:ROFLMAO:
Karen just mentioned that when making stock use the large basket. That way you can pull out the basket with all the solids and not have to handle a pot full of hot liquid to strain the solids.

Back
Top Bottom