Are you a Bowl Freak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sorry about the bowl and your injuries.....that God it wasn't worse. I too know how it feels to have something break that holds special memories.....I think we all can probably relate to that.

I was in Target this afternoon buying a few outfits.

I stopped in the Housewares section and what did I do that for?!!

I saw some KitchenAid plastic bowls in sets of three apiece, some in one color and some in multi colors. i just couldn't help it!!! I ended up buying the set with the multi colors - dark orange, dark yellow and olive green!!!

I'm a bowl freak and I just can't stop buying bowls!!!!!!!!

I went through a lot of trauma when we were moving onto the boat. What could I take - what had to go into storage. I have 4 pasta bowls, 4 soup bowls from each of two sets of china, and six Japanese soup or rice bowls. I've got 2 complete sets of, I think, 7 graduated glass bowls + 4 additional tiny glass bowls and 3 little tiny wood bowls. We also have 4 glass "salad" bowls, 2 huge latte cups we use for soup, a salsa bowl, 2 serving bowls from our day to day china, 2 bowls for the KA, a bowl for olive pits, 6 blue and white china condiment bowls, 2 bowls for the ice cream freezer, and assorted glad and ziplock plastic bowls for food storage.

My stainless steel bowls and plastic bowls are in storage. My pottery serving bowls, trifle bowl, and the serving bowls from our "good" china are in storage, as are our dessert bowls, ice cream bowls, the rest of my Japanese rice/soup bowls (service for 12), some pottery bean bowls, 2 white china lotus bowls, a set of leaf shaped bowls for dipping olive oil etc., and some other misc. bowls. Then there are, I'm sure, bowls to go with the set of china that my daughter gave me (it's from my late mother in law). All in storage - some where I could get to them if I needed them.

I've got bowls on my list - 2 sizes of copper bowls. (one should fit on the boat!) When we get back into some larger living quarters we'd like to watch out for unusual serving pieces etc. And we want a really nice soup tureen. I missed out on getting the one for our china before it went out of production, but I keep looking on eBay. :(

Yes I am a bowl freak! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I suppose I could be one--but it'd be out of necessity. I never seem to have enough.

Part of it is due to attrition. I'm the type of person who finds it silly to spend 20 dollars on a bowl, so I get the plastic kind. The dogs will periodically get ahold of one or two and eat em, so there go those. And we use those "who cares if you throw them out" bowls from Glad. Those never last. Others just...disappear.

I've bought some glass ones. No clue where they are. I even had a stainless steel one that I lost in a move. Now it's what's left of my plastic collection (which needs to be replenished...again) and my stand mixer bowl.

Yeah, I've had so many glass and ceramic bowls broken by careless clumsey guests who promised to replace them and never did!!

Last edited:
I visited CefsCatalog.com just to be nosey and browsed the website.

Saw a set of colorful malamine bowls in the Clearance Section marked down for $16.00. Of course, I couldn't resist and ordered them!! I just couldn't leave them alone!!!

That makes the 12th set!! I'm truly a bowl freak, and I think I got more bowls than anything else!! It's like an alcoholic or a drug addict!!

I gotta stay away from websites as well as the housewares section in stores!

Because if I see any bowls either single or in sets, mainly in sets, I'll end up getting them.

Last edited:
Hee hee! I keep mom's beautiful bowls at every get together at my house. I will return some of them to her eventually. But yes, I would consider myself a bowl freak and buy as many as I can after Christmas (at 75% off) for our next Christmas parties. I love dishes in general. Just running out of space to put them.

Cory, Bowls...I have a "bunch"....antique, yellow, brown, etc. Then stainless steel. Some all sizes crock bowls. Hey, when you cook and bake...you NEED them.

Yes, cooking and baking strongly necessitates having and using bowls.

There is just no way that one can prepare food for cooking without having to use some bowls!

Oh, crap, Corey. I think I've caught your "bowl disease." I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw a wonderful smallish bowl, about 16 oz., that I was drawn to. I bought it and have used it too many times. I'm going back and getting another one.:ohmy::ohmy:

I couldn't resist looking up the symbolism for bowls:

An empty plain bowl signifies troubles with disappointments.

A decorative filled bowl signifies good prospects for all your dearest wishes.

:wacko: I don't know how the garbage bowl would best be described but it is filled. :glare:

I'm sure a bowl freak. I almost brought home two more yesterday which were cute batter bowls with colors I don't have. But hubby helped me get past them. "You have 6 batter bowls already, dear." I never saw a bowl I didn't like. I even like plastic bowls for certain things--popcorn or fruit snacks while watching tv. I love hand thrown bowls and think I must support each and every potter I meet selling their wares, by collecting one of their bowls. I have favorite bowls for serving certain things, like the antique handpainted bird bowl for serving steamed broccoli, or the white ceramic one for the creamed peas. arrrrgh, I really am running out of room. I just put the ones I'm not currently in love with out in the pole barn and get them out in a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom