Baker's Rack Shelving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
First... If you have been looking for some in expensive bakers rack shelving.. Big Orange (HD) has some called "Simply Storage" that I came into because a friend was redoing there basement and I can heartily recommend it. IT's strong, (rated for 600lbs per shelf or 3000lbs total) and my wife hasn't said anything bad about how it looks.
Because of this my cast iron and kitchen aid collections are finally out where it can be appreciated.

Some how I wound up with 5 extra shelves. Three of them have been relegated to girl duty... purses and little baskets of ... bleech

Which has left 2. They are 36 by 16. My kitchen counter is 36.5" tall. A part of me wants to find a huge cutting board and make a rolling bakers rack island cart thingy with a chopping board top. Only thing is we have 5 of the heavy butcher block boards in various sizes including the big 3 inch thick 16x16" board. I am also considering getting a really thick piece of MDF board and using it for a top. I would possibly use one of the wire rack shelves as the top but I am thinking that wont make a good working surface. What would you do with the 2 extra shelves.

1" diam electrical conduit works just great for legs in case you were wondering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom