China Meet Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Being the "lazy", short cut types, the wife and I discovered that a tortilla press does wonders with Dim Sum dough. No more rolling!;)

Being the "lazy", short cut types, the wife and I discovered that a tortilla press does wonders with Dim Sum dough. No more rolling!;)
Not laziness - common sense. No point in having a gadget that just sits in the drawer when you aren't preparing what it was intended for. It's only the manufacturers who want you to buy a tortilla press AND a dim sum press (if one exists.) Good for you for ingenuity.

I find my bread knife ideal for cutting tomatoes and my coffee grinder makes great breadcrumbs. Not going to satisfy Lakeland by buying a special tomato knife and a breadcrumb maker (actually they took the latter of the shelves - it didn't sell. Now I wonder why)

Last edited:
Not laziness - common sense. No point in having a gadget that just sits in the drawer when you aren't preparing what it was intended for. It's only the manufacturers who want you to buy a tortilla press AND a dim sum press (if one exists.) Good for you for ingenuity.

I find my bread knife ideal for cutting tomatoes and my coffee grinder makes great breadcrumbs. Not going to satisfy Lakeland by buying a special tomato knife and a breadcrumb maker (actually they took the latter of the shelves - it didn't sell. Now I wonder why)

Ya know, any knife will cut tomatoes just fine if it's sharp (my sister used to think she needed a special serrated blade too until she learned how to keep a knife sharp). I use both my 8" and 6" chefs and cut tomatoes paper thin with nary a seed out of place. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom