Commercial spatula for meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marajo

Cook
Our son has a kiosk selling food @ events. Currently he uses a commercial spatula but it is heavy and after 6-10 hrs of chopping, flipping etc his wrist is wounded! Any of you know of a commercial spatual that is lightweight? What would the metal part be made of? This problem is not unique, I am sure. Thank you.

marajo, commercial spatulas are made heavier to stand up to the 6-10 hours or more of work they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Your son might consider a lighter spatula made for home use. They would both be made of stainless steel.

This isn't commercial per se, but I like it. It's light because the spatula part is made of thin springy steel, and the handle, although steel, appears to be hollow:

Amazon.com: Kuhn Rikon Cooks' Flexi Turner: Home & Garden
31N2C46EW0L._SS500_.jpg

Thank you for the link. I understand the reason for the heavy spatula's but thinking this problem is not unusual.

Would dough scrapers hold up? I am thinking using 2 of these, 1 in ea. hand to do the work.

Dough scrapers would put your hands closer to the heat of the grill/griddle. 6-10 hours of that could really be a problem.

I thought of that as I was typing. So maybe 2 lightweight turner/spatula's.

Why switch to two spatulas? That would be awkward for your son as it's a whole new movement. One lighter weight spatula is probably the best bet.

Back
Top Bottom