Crockpot Liners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodstorm

Senior Cook
Have any of you tried those plastic Crockpot liners? If so, what do you think? Does the food taste funny?

Does the food taste funny?

I'm curious to that as well. Although I have never purchased the liners myself. Honestly, I haven't have a problem with stuck on food in my crockpot.

foodstorm said:
Have any of you tried those plastic Crockpot liners? If so, what do you think? Does the food taste funny?

I have a very large crockpot and a very old one, which means the liner is not removable. I don't necessarily have a problem with food sticking to the crock but, because it's so large, it's a little difficult to clean.

I have used the liners and find them more than satisfactory. The food does not taste any different than it does when no liner is used. In fact, I used one when I made my corned beef for St. Patrick's Day.

I found the liner quite convenient actually. After I cooked the meat, I lifted it out of the crockpot with a large fork and, then, waited for the juices to cool enough for me to handle the liner. Once at that temp, I simply lifted the whole shebang out and poured it easily into another container. There was NO liquid, nothing left in my crockpot.

The crockpot seemed to have a tighter seal during cooking with the liner, too. Worked a bit like a gasket.

Katie E said:
I have a very large crockpot and a very old one, which means the liner is not removable.

I have one just like that, too, Katie, and cleaning it isn't easy, even if the food isn't stuck on badly--it's just awkward. That's why I was considering the liners. Now I'm going to give them a try--thanks for posting!

I have stock in Alcoa, Reynolds Aluminium's parent company, so buy lots, use them often!

I use them all the time and they are worth every penny. ( I know you can just soak the crock pot, but, when I think of all the water I have wasted, trying to get them clean). No more, just give me a bag.:rolleyes:

I just recently started to use them. I have not noticed any change of flavor. It was a real time saver for a Super Bowl Party (melted cheese dishes); I need to stock up on them. They are well worth it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom