Did you know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajun man

Assistant Cook
I recently found out that there are push in taps on both ends of aluminum foil boxes to keep the roll in while pulling out foil. Am I the only one who didn't know this ? LolImageUploadedByTapatalk1412693301.372392.jpg

I had to run out to the kitchen and check!

My aluminum foil and plastic wrap have them.

My ancient roll of waxed paper does not.

What will they think of next! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Ohmygosh........just when we kitchen people get swelled heads about knowing everything, we get the wake up call! :smartass:

I had to rush to the kitchen and sure nuff..every roll of everything!!

:shock::punk:

I found out a couple of years ago, but I don't like the way they work so I don't use them.

I like Stretch Tight plastic wrap, it has a spot in the top where the wrap comes out so you don't have to go fishing around for it. The Costco version comes with a handy dandy cutter!

I noticed those tabs a few years back!

I like Stretch Tight plastic wrap, it has a spot in the top where the wrap comes out so you don't have to go fishing around for it. The Costco version comes with a handy dandy cutter!

I noticed those tabs a few years back!

We use the BIG roll of plastic wrap from Costco too.
We right the date we put the roll into service. The last roll lasted well over two(2) years.
We use it every single day. Great bargain and the stuff seems to have no end.
I like the slide cutter option as well.

Never noticed the tabs on the side. I will look next time I'm in the kitchen. If I can remember.

Last edited:
I have the Stretch Tight roll holder with the cutter in the lid. I love it. Take the roll out of the box, put it in the machine and toss the box. No fuss, no muss. I love it. :angel:

I absolutely hate plastic wrap. The only thing it clings to is itself!

Saran Wrap used to be almost impossible to use. They have improved their product and is now easier to use. But you get a lot less per box and the price is just too high for the average family. :angel:

Not even remotely true.

I think that depends on the plastic wrap you use.

Some stick to themselves and others don't.

I now use stretch- tite because it seems to be a medium between the cheap brands that don't stick to anything and the name brands that become a tangle as soon as you cut them to length.

As far as the feature the OP mentioned. I just looked and it isn't on my parchment or waxed paper. It is on the plastic wrap where I first noticed it and on the Aluminum foil. Don't use the feature because I don't see any advantage to it.

I think that depends on the plastic wrap you use.

Some stick to themselves and others don't.

I now use stretch- tite because it seems to be a medium between the cheap brands that don't stick to anything and the name brands that become a tangle as soon as you cut them to length.

As far as the feature the OP mentioned. I just looked and it isn't on my parchment or waxed paper. It is on the plastic wrap where I first noticed it and on the Aluminum foil. Don't use the feature because I don't see any advantage to it.

A lot of times when you to pull out a sheet of wrap or foil, the roll comes with it no matter how careful you think you are being. Those little flaps on the ends help keep the roll inside the box. In theory, it works rather well. But over time, even those punch in tabs fail. :angel:

I knew they were there, but never use them because I never have a problem with the roll trying to escape the box. Then again, the hand I hold the box with has my thumb firmly planted on the lid. Of course, I had to do an inventory of my roll boxes. They are there on the Reynolds wraps, but not on their parchment paper. Tabs run about 50% on my boxes. Mostly, name brands have them, house and off brands don't.

I absolutely hate plastic wrap. The only thing it clings to is itself!

I haven't found that to be the problem with those huge, commercial dispensers we get from BJ's. We don't have a membership, but when I run low my SIL picks one up for me. Much cheaper just to have a "supplier" than getting our own membership. Probably have something similar at all the warehouse clubs.

I bought one of those rolls at Costco when I was in college, it's still going strong and that was almost 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom