Do you use a zester?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just checkin in ..........I love my zester......wouldn't use anything else.....actually it's more of a rasp than anything else and really gets the job done........if you really are adventuresome and your feet aren't swollen you can zest a whole bunch of lemons that are on sale and freeze the "zest" in water placed in ice cube trays....I then place the zest cubes in freezer bags and use when needed..you can do the same with the lemon juice.......

just checkin in ..........I love my zester......wouldn't use anything else.....actually it's more of a rasp than anything else and really gets the job done........if you really are adventuresome and your feet aren't swollen you can zest a whole bunch of lemons that are on sale and freeze the "zest" in water placed in ice cube trays....I then place the zest cubes in freezer bags and use when needed..you can do the same with the lemon juice.......

couldn't you sit at the table and zest ? I guess it would be difficult that way.

I reach for my citrus zester when I need ribbons of zest. I also use it on cucumbers when I have the time/inclination to make my salads look a little prettier. Mostly I use my microplane, though. It's very useful for other things besides zesting citrus (except grating nutmeg. I've grated fingernail right along with the nutmeg, ick, so now I use a nutmeg mill).

oh, yeah, I know all about the fingernail grate.....imagine an accent over the "e"........after cutting my hands for the 2nd time on my sharp santoku (sp?) knife the doctor wanted to know if I had thrown it away? What are you nuts? Do you know what I paid for that? Same with the zester and grater............

about two weeks ago i got my first microplane. don't know how i cooked without it, all this time. used it for hard boiled egg for my salad tonight.handy, handy tool babe

whatever - zested = microplaned = grated.

You grated eggs ?

Not really - you can't grate with a zester - you can't microplane with a zester - so it's not the same thing. And yes, a person can grate eggs. I do it all the time when I make chicken salad or even when I make egg salad - I grate some (have even used my microplane but that's a bit fine for me) and then chop the rest.

I just use a grater. I rub the whole lemon, orange or whatever against is until all the orange or yellow is off.

Mel:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom