Egg Rings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another package or so of English muffins and I'll be ready for a job at MacDonald's :LOL:

When I want a thick, round egg for a sandwich, be it runny, or hard yolk, I just use my poaching pan. I can make from 1 to 4 eggs at a time, and they come out perfect. Sometimes, I even make deviled eggs from the hard-poached eggs. It makes a unique presentation. And from the butter added to the poaching divets, the eggs are buttery good in flavor too.:chef:

I have egg rings that are round, and two that are heart shaped.. But DW won't eat a fried egg unless it's cooked medium over. Egg rings are hard to use if you have to flip the egg, though I can do it if I'm very careful, as the handles swivel. It's a tricky thing to do though.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

When I want a thick, round egg for a sandwich, be it runny, or hard yolk, I just use my poaching pan. I can make from 1 to 4 eggs at a time, and they come out perfect. Sometimes, I even make deviled eggs from the hard-poached eggs. It makes a unique presentation. And from the butter added to the poaching divets, the eggs are buttery good in flavor too.:chef:

I have egg rings that are round, and two that are heart shaped.. But DW won't eat a fried egg unless it's cooked medium over. Egg rings are hard to use if you have to flip the egg, though I can do it if I'm very careful, as the handles swivel. It's a tricky thing to do though.

Chief...you take them out of the rings before flipping the eggs...:rolleyes:

I have removed the rings before flipping, but have broken the egg yolk in the process of removing the ring. Even though they are supposed to be stick-free, the eggs stick to them. I guess I could use a butter knife, or spatula to loosen the egg sides from the rings. I'll play with it and see what works. And to everyone who played Captain Obvious here, :-p:mrgreen:.

But that's Ok. I love all of you. But just wait till the snow falls. I'll be pointing my virtual snowball thrower your way. BT is off the hook this year. I have new targets. Muhwahahahahaha :devilish:.

When I do my EMcMs in the bottomless tuna cans, after a good squirt of nonstick spray, I slightly stir, breaking the yolk a bit. Seems to help.

Last edited:
I have removed the rings before flipping, but have broken the egg yolk in the process of removing the ring. Even though they are supposed to be stick-free, the eggs stick to them. I guess I could use a butter knife, or spatula to loosen the egg sides from the rings. I'll play with it and see what works. And to everyone who played Captain Obvious here, :-p:mrgreen:.

But that's Ok. I love all of you. But just wait till the snow falls. I'll be pointing my virtual snowball thrower your way. BT is off the hook this year. I have new targets. Muhwahahahahaha :devilish:.

Couldn't you just spray the rings with a cooking spray?

Chief, throw some snowballs thiscway! We could use the moisture! :)

I break the yolk, too.
And I was wiping the inside of the ring with oil, but setting the ring in the pan and giving it a spray of non-stick spray works much better all around. No sticking. I'm using a CI skillet so no need to worry about the cooking spray making the teflon gummy.

Egg, bacon and cheese on a toasted English muffin spread with mayo is our favorite breakfast Pac !

I've never bothered with an egg ring for the eggs though. I drop the egg into the skillet with some of the bacon fat, break the yolk and then start shoving the white into something that is "close enough" to round, and flip it over after it's set for a bit. I tear the slice of cheese into quarters to fit on the muffin better and top it with the egg and bacon. Works fine for me.
;):yum:

+me

I've been putting the ring in the CI skillet and spraying some Crisco oil on it. I haven't had a stuck egg while lifting it off since. Plus it gives the cooking surface a little oil before cracking the egg. And I will be doing just that very shortly here.

Back
Top Bottom