Favourite simple cooking utensils

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget using it as a defensive weapon when people come in trying to raid your cooking before you are ready to serve it. *POP*

That's where the kitchen Labrador comes in handy!

If noone objects I will add some of these to an article I've put on my blog about this topic.

I think we all have some utensil that we can't live without. When I worked fast food, I was highly dependent on the kitchen scraper we had, to quickly clean all the stainless steel kitchen equipment with. If that was lost, progress slowed down quite a bit. (That's why I am a software engineer now. :LOL: )

My tongs... two pairs with silicone tips and one plain steel one; my wooden spoons; and my stack of cheap bar/kitchen towels I almost always have one on my shoulder with I cook). It's an oven mitt, hotpad, all purpose can't cook without it towel,

I forgot to mention my collection of small glass and stainless bowls I use for prepping. I measure everything out beforehand when working a recipe.

My tongs, my grater that can grate not only cheese but garlic too..also my favorite wooden spoon

assorted wooden spoons, four or five heat resistant spatulas. three different sizes glass measuring cups. i use a lot of not sticks pots and pans so don't have many things that can't be used with them.

I've been waiting to hear how this worked compared to a regular whisk. It really is pretty!

~Kathleen

So far I've just done scrambled eggs and it did a great job, less work and it cleaned up easily. Next up, I'm going to see how it works with meringue, but that has to wait until Easter.

Maybe I'll try making some mayonnaise...good idea!:LOL:

I have some little knives, paring knife size that came 2 for a $1 at the dollar store. The blades are aluminum. I love them because they are small and light weight for peelin' taters.

This is my newest favorite thing.....I seam veggies with it almost daily, and I love love love it.
ref=dp_otherviews_2

The silicone egg poachers are next on my wish list. Love that silicone but I don't own any said body parts of it. :brows::whistling

Amazon.com: Chef'n SleekStor Veggie Steam Silicone Steamer, Cherry: Kitchen &…

Back
Top Bottom