Foley Food Mill VS NorPro Sauce Master Food Strainer ... Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
Good Morning All ...
I purchased a Foley Food Mill about 5 years ago and have to say I like it alright. I've been disappointed with some of the results when I do tomatoes and in recent uses, I've noticed what looks like oil coming off the bottom into my sauce.

A friend of mine is selling her NorPro for a reasonable price ($30) and I'm just wondering if I might be happier with that. I've read the reviews on Amazon and it seems most of the complaints have to do with user error.

I've always appreciated the feedback I get here so am looking for your perspectives ... stay with my Foley, switch to the NorPro, or would both be advantageous?

Thank you!

I don't know a THING about either the NorPro or the Foley, but if I were buying a food mill, it would be one of the following (depending on how much money I have ATM)

Roma Mill
Victorio Mill
Squeezo

Note that none of these handle seeded grapes all that well. The Squeezo won't handle them at all; there are aftermarket augers for most other food mills to handle the large grape seeds, but not (for some odd reason) the Squeezo.

The Victorio has a motor you can add; allegedly the Roma does as well, but I've never seen that one.

I'll just plant seedless concords and not have to worry about it, LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom