Food mill recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
First grandchild is on the way, and our daughter is considering making baby food. I've gathered that a food mill is a good tool for this, as it removes skins, seeds, etc.

I searched for food mill recommendations, and a 7 year old thread had some nice things to say about the Oxo mill. Reviews at Amazon were positive as well. Are there better food mills out there, or is Oxo still a good choice?

Oxo is an excellent choice for the money. Congratulations to both you and your daughter on your coming event of joy!.

The story behind Oxo is what makes their products so popular. The man who started the company, watched his grandmother use an old all metal type potato peeler. She had severe arthritis. Her grandson designed one that was more comfortable for her to hold. Now all their products are designed with that in mind. Is it comfortable to use. They are also (I find) sturdy and can hold up to the use in a kitchen.

You can also rely on the reviews on Amazon. When there are only a few bad reviews, I feel that the person did not use the product properly. But when the bad reviews outnumber the good ones, then it is definitely a bad product. I have yet to see an Oxo product that has been pulled from the market.

Back
Top Bottom