Funnel with This Feature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
Here's a funnel for putting oil in a car:

LU7UjQO.jpg

It has slots on the side to allow air to flow out as oil flows in.

Anyone know of funnels for the kitchen with this feature?

Hmm, In the kitchen the only time I am concerned about air in something is making pickles or canning something. Then I just run a chop stick around inside the jar to work out any possible air bubbles before sealing.

Not sure when else is a concern.

Here's a funnel for putting oil in a car:

LU7UjQO.jpg

It has slots on the side to allow air to flow out as oil flows in.

Anyone know of funnels for the kitchen with this feature?

For returning used frying oil to the container, I use something similar. I've never looked into whether or not the plastic is suitable for food use. Do you suppose these auto type funnels have some harmful chemicals in the plastic that might get into the oil ? :ohmy:

I have an old set of aluminum funnels that have these slots. I have no idea where I got them, they must be close to 40 years old. They do help with things pouring through the funnel quickly. I haven't seen them in the stores for a long time.

It shouldn't be too hard touts lots into a plastic funnel if this is important to you.

Sounds potentially very messy. But then again, I haven't had coffee yet either.

They are not cut out slots, more of a dimple in the plastic along the side to allow air to escape. No mess.

I have a funnel just like that. I put a gold coffee filter inside and pour my deep frying oil back into the bottle for storage and so can clean my deep fryer. I have been using it for over ten years ands I am still alive, so I believe you could use the one you have, or buy another one if you have been using your current one for motor oil rather than cooking oil.

I have a stainless steel brewer's funnel with a channel in the spout. It's for filling bottles. I also have a glass chemist's funnel with ridges in the body to support filter paper as well as on the spout to allow air to escape from the receiving vessel.

Hmm, In the kitchen the only time I am concerned about air in something is making pickles or canning something. Then I just run a chop stick around inside the jar to work out any possible air bubbles before sealing.

Not sure when else is a concern.
If the funnel doesn't have ridges it blocks the neck of the bottle and the air in the bottle air can't pass out as oil enters it so the oil will stop running through the funnel. The ridges on the funnel allow the air to be displaced by the oil.

Back
Top Bottom