Gnocchi Board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Essie

Senior Cook
I have been making gnocchi a lot and would love a gnocchi board. My problem is the postage is twice as much as the board.
Does anyone know where they are available in a store or on line (without so much shipping)?

Amazon has one for $4 with $8 shipping. They also have a second seller asking $11 for the same one so that's almost a deal if you ignore the fact $11 is a rip off lol Ikitchen.com has the same one for $3.

Sur la Table is $7 if you have a branch close by.

My MIL in Italy always used the semi fine part of a stand up grater or the tines of a fork for her gnocchi, and so do I. I didn't know about gnocchi boards!
Wont get one tho'..its a time honoured tradition in the Italian part of my family, and tradition goes a looooooooooog way in that country. MIL had a brand new washing machine but insisted on washing the laundry at the well.
Yeah...lots of gossip with the other mama's there went down a treat so good on her!!:) :)

Essie said:
I have been making gnocchi a lot and would love a gnocchi board. My problem is the postage is twice as much as the board.
Does anyone know where they are available in a store or on line (without so much shipping)?

Okay - here is one site (you'll have to scroll down the page to find the gnocchi board) where the S&H isn't double the price .... it's $3.99 for the gnocchi board and $5.50 for shipping. If it is a good bargain for you depends on what you can find locally.

A trick I learned from my ex who was Brooklyn-Italian ... she got a plastic "Afro Pick" comb from a beauty supply shop for about $1 .... she used it for gnocchi, cavatelli, rigatoni - anything that she wanted to add a ridged texture to.

Thanks all.
I think I will give Michael's suggestion a try. I'll let you know later, because I have gnocchi dough resting right now.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom