Got some new stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I couldn't fine a microplane close by, so I ordered one and also got some new cutting "boards". The cutting boards are made from silicon and are non-skid and dishwasher safe, but I don't think even I would put one of these in the dishwasher.... maybe if it will stand up.... Anyway, they are "dedicated" as you can see, so my food safety factor probably increased by 200% :LOL:

Perfect timing for the microplane. I'm having spaghetti tonight, so we'll see how it does on the cheese.

Attachments

• new stuff.jpg
    new stuff.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 195
new stuff is fun.. those cutting boards are neat! I need some and a mircoplane too.

I got some new (well vintage) stuff yesterday myself... it was like the thrift stores were calling to me I grabbed a litte wagner cast iron skillet and 2 awesome bright colored pyrex bowls.... 2 things I collect, cast iron and pyrex, in one day for a couple bucks=happiness! Also the enameled iron dutch oven I won on ebay came in I cant wait to use it!

Love getting new toys... I am rebuilding from scratch so there are always things to add.

Thanks. I love getting new stuff, too. Even small items.
I remember reading about the DO, Poncho. Glad you won it.

I'm thinking another thing I will like about these cutting boards is how little room they will take up to store them. If I need to cut something and carry it, I will set them on my larger plastic board.

Cool

Those cutting boards are cool - Sur La Table? They have that set on sale there right now.:chef:

If those are the thin type of "mat" cutting boards they can do a number on your knives if you use them directly on the counter. Place them on top of a regular cutting board so the surface is softer.

They are pretty.

I'd definitely put them in the dishwasher.

If those are the thin type of "mat" cutting boards they can do a number on your knives if you use them directly on the counter. Place them on top of a regular cutting board so the surface is softer.

They are pretty.

I'd definitely put them in the dishwasher.

Thanks. That's interesting. Here I thought cutting boards saved your counter..... I didn't know it was the other way around.

Cool looking, Pacanis........what size are yours? I don't see a section for human flesh, however---as I've tried to slice my fingers off several times! :)

Well since I don't feel like getting up right now, I'll go by what the site I posted says... 16 x 12.25" ;)
I guess the scalloped shape is for looks and I wouldn't mind them a little bigger, but it's not like I carve turkeys or anything :LOL:

I've got those exact same mats! They hold up remarkably well. One, unfortunately, has met with an unfortunate misunderstanding as my Mom thought she was supposed to cut on the silicone side. The fishy-icon is not a happy camper.

I've got those exact same mats! They hold up remarkably well. One, unfortunately, has met with an unfortunate misunderstanding as my Mom thought she was supposed to cut on the silicone side. The fishy-icon is not a happy camper.

Ahhh, yet one more item that will have a label on it in the near future.....
This side up
:LOL:

I like the fact that you can cut up your stuff, then pick up and curl the board to dump it all into the pan. Pretty handy

Very handy. Before I got a pouring shield on my stand mixer, I used those boards as a chute to add dry ingredients to my cookie dough.

Gee, I just thought of something..... :ermm:

Since it is reccomended that you use different cutting boards for poultry, beef, produce and fish, to prevent cross contamination. And we'll assume that everyone cleans their board somewhat when done using it anyway, which one would think would prevent cross contamination.....

Does this mean I shouldn't store my four new boards in the same cupboard, all stacked next to one another, for fear of cross contamination? :ohmy:

Don't answer that. I'm sure that thought will leave my head as the morning grows longer :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom