Grinder for sea salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Anyone use a grinder for sea salt ? Regular grinder does not work for wet salt. Sometimes I want a finer grain sea salt.

Just curious, I have never heard of wet salt. All the salt I have ever used is dried. BB&B has a good variety of salt and pepper grinders here in Richmond. I have a salt grinder which grinds fine.

I'm here to learn. Now I know about wet sea salt. If I wanted this ground fine, I would get out the Mortar and Pestle and pound it.

I'm here to learn. Now I know about wet sea salt. If I wanted this ground fine, I would get out the Mortar and Pestle and pound it.
You could also throw it into the food processor.

Look for a grinder with a ceramic grinding mechanism so it does not rust. This is not an issue with pepper, but it is with salt.

Anyone use a grinder for sea salt ? Regular grinder does not work for wet salt. Sometimes I want a finer grain sea salt.
i was surfing a couple weeks ago and came across a site selling sea salt. there was one that said you needed a grinder that had ceramic grinders due to the moisture in the salt. if i can find the site again i will post the link. they also sold the grinders for the wet sea salt on this site. i will try to find the site for you.

here we go:
Ceramic Salt Mills http://www.dowsers.com/page64.html

Fine Grind for Salt & Pepper
White $17.95 Black $17.95
img270.jpg

thanks for the link. :)LC
you're welcome sweetie. i am thinking of buying 2 of them they look pretty good. i like that they store upside down and the top catches the ground product for easy measure. mine are 20 years old and they leek salt and pepper.

Back
Top Bottom