Have you seen white knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kosmas

Assistant Cook
i saw an asia/american chef on tv using a knife with a white blade do you know what brand they are or where i can buy them from:chef:

Last edited:
It was a ceramic knife probably made by Kocera. I'll bet they have a website you can check out.

From your description ... I'll bet you were watching Ming Tsi ... and the knives were ceramic made by Kyocera.

Like everything else - ceramic blades have a plus and a negative side. For example ... they hold their edge ... but they are very brittle. And, they cost a lot. Want to do something like smash a clove of garlic with the side of your knife? Don't try it with a ceramic knife- they are too brittle!

I have several of them and love them. But you do need to baby them. Like MFTW says no smashing or cutting anything hard.

I found a Kyocera boxed set of with a paring knife and 6 " Santuko for $65 last year which is considerably less than buying the Santuko alone. I bought 2 -- kept one and gave one to my mother. Mom's already has some chips but mine are beautiful and razor sharp.

I have one of the pink ones too, which was a gift.

I am not sure I would ever pay full price for such fragile lovelies, though.

I received a ceramic knife for Christmas a few years ago and don't use it very often. I'm always crushing something and have to get out another knife anyway. Also it's not at arms length away like the knives hanging on the magnetic holder.

Last edited:
An 8 inch ceramic chefs knife is on my wish list, but I doubt it is something I will ever spend my money on. Now if someone wanted to buy it for me, well that would be a different story :LOL:

i can see the product placement now, in next summer's macbeth in central park, presented by kyocera.

look, ceramic, so light it floats...

Last edited:
There is a German Knife maker/seller that offers ceramic alloys that are much less expensive than Kyocera. The company name is Bokker. Do a google search and see what they have to offer in their kitchen knives. They offer lines of ceramic, titanium, the alloy cera-titan, and varoious grades of damascus and stainless steel. But they aren't cheap. I have purchased specialty knives from the company and have been pleased with the quality. I just bought a rescue knife for my eldest son, as he is going to be a fire-fighter/rescue worker. The knife is for cutting seat belts and rope.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i found this site several months ago and saved the url for a moment just like this!

CERAMIC KNIVES FOR LESS

TARGET also has a small selection available on line only, but they don't have the selection that Ceramic knives for less does, nor do they sell sets.

Last edited:
Around 20 years ago, I remember seeing my first ceramic blade, actually 2, as they were on hairdressing shears I was contemplating (they were blue!). I went with the stainless instead and was so happy - my friend had purchased the ceramics and they were ruined the first time they hit the floor. That's why I'm apprehensive about a ceramic knife (I'm way too clumsy!)

Have you seen those elastics with a clip on each end, where you attach one end to your mitten and the other end to your sleeve?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom