Hearthkit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can achieve the same results using Unglazed Quarry Tiles, and it'll cost you about $15 for the box.

A pic from another forum I visit dedicated to Pizza...

Click Here

I went out and bought a box of tile after my Pizza Stone cracked a few weeks back.

8 inch x 8 inch unglazed quarry tiles ran $0.77 per tile, and the entire box of 16 cost me $13.34 with tax. I haven't used mine to mimic the configuration of the picture I linked to above, but many people swear by them...

I'd try them first before I went out and spent $200 on something...

SpiceUmUp said:
Does anyone have any experiance with the Hearthkit? http://asp1.walkontheweb.com/hearthkitchen/store.asp

It looks interesting. Would like to know if anyone has tried it and what their experiance has been
Spice, just noticed your post. I have a hearthkit and I love it. I love making foccacia and the artisian breads that call for crisp crusts.. I haven't made a lot of the artisian breads, but the several I have made turned out just like ones from big bakeries here in town.. but focaccia I make fairly often and I get a beautiful crust and the inner part of the flat bread is as I remember from an Italian bakery. Since I like the thin focaccia, mine turns out thin and the inside has the fine holes and chewy texture we love. I've also made the thicker fluffy kind used to make panini sanwiches..Both turn out beautifully. feel It's more than paid for itself now. I'd buy it again without question. I know you can get similar results with a baking stone, but, you would be surprised how much better the hearthkit is...
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom