I want a magnetic kitchen timer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got one at walmart that sticks to the fridge. sunbeam i think.

I have an old-fashioned Lux wind-up timer that I love.

But I also use probe thermometers which are magnetic, and are also timers. Here's a picture of two brands I use: Taylor and Polder. The top display is the timer (which I was not using). The bottom left display is the actual temp of the meat and the right is the temp that I want that meat to reach (and then the alarm beeps).

These things do a lot for relatively short money. Highly recommend!

Lee

polderthermometerstb8.jpg

Didn't I just see this on another thread?? LOL.

My timer is built into my stove, but I could see a good use for one that monitors the temp of the meat. How does that work? I can't see that thing sitting in the oven? Is it only good for grilling then so it can sit next to the grill?

No, Mav. You place the probe into the meat, close the oven door on the cable, and the readout sits on the counter. Or you can attach the readout to the oven door, if you want (it's magnetized).

So much easier than using "minutes per pound" guesses and/or instant read thermometers to check for doneness.

Lee

I want a wind up rather thaa microwave timer beause it's LOUD. I did't see any at BBB and they said they wouldn't be getting any in for at least 2 mos. :(

I don't live near a Walmart and didn't want to pay shipping online like Ebay, but I guess i cou.d....

thanks everyone, for your replies.

I have an old-fashioned Lux wind-up timer that I love.

But I also use probe thermometers which are magnetic, and are also timers. Here's a picture of two brands I use: Taylor and Polder. The top display is the timer (which I was not using). The bottom left display is the actual temp of the meat and the right is the temp that I want that meat to reach (and then the alarm beeps).

These things do a lot for relatively short money. Highly recommend!

Lee

I use that Taylor one too, for roasting meats . I use a wind up timer for breads , cakes , etc. so I can bring that wind up timer to where I am sitting in the living room to watch it since I cannot hear it. ( deaf)

Back
Top Bottom