I want to be an enthusiast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you buy a product at a discount and make a contribution to the charity of your choice with some of the money you saved, you and the charity are both better off.

Pink products have been exposed as a ripoff as the charities don't get enough of a donation to explain the higher price. Plus you have to live with a pink product.

I think there are cheaper solutions for the same products other than Dean/Deluca Williams/Sanoma for the exact same product.
I would recommend buying elsewhere.Same goes for Crate and Barrel.Their stuff is good at these retailers but you can do better elsewhere.

I pride myself when I can save a few bucks! More to spend on White truffle Oil and Wine.

Just my 2 cents! (saved)

Here's my 2 cents on cookware.... Restaurant chefs do not use AllClad, Calphalon etc unless the manufacturers give them to them for promo purposes. Most chefs and many home cooks go to restaurant supply stores. and they are now available on line. www.jbprince.com is just one such store. Restaurant quality equipment is made to last, and it is not expensive. Just compare the prices (and the quality) with the big box xtores where many consumers feel they are getting great value.

As for knives. They are as personal as your eyeglasses, and other personal appurtenances. What works for me may not be the best for you. For knives, I would visit a cutlery store, preferably, or if that is not available, a specialty department or market where there is someone who can show you [IMPARTIALLY!} all the types of knives, and guide you in choosing a chefs knife that feels like an extension of your arm. That is the idea. If you are holding a knive properly, you will find at least one that feels right. Be sure to purchase only a full-tang knife. That is, the blade extends all the way to the END of the handle. Knives that are not constructed in this way can break off, with pretty serious consequences.

Personally, I use only Wusthof knives, but that is my preference.

Back
Top Bottom