Imperia hand crank pasta machine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mish said:
Thanks shelly. In California we have Whole Foods all over the place. Fortunately I'm not allergic to anything ('cept for bad food)... but was curious about spelt.

You don't have to be allergic to anything in order to enjoy spelt. Spelt is just part of the variety of life. Along with kamut, which is another ancient grain, I love it.

Take care :chef:

I reallly am jealous. We have owned three makers -- Atlas, something else (can't think of it right now) and Imperia. The latter must have been a factory mistake because the roller was so poorly milled that the pasta got torn up. When hubby went to buy a new one, he asked our local gourmet cookware store owner if he could examine it, and the thing fell apart when he tried to assemble it and examine the roller. She (store owner) was apalled (we buy from her often) and returned the entire lot. I'm glad you're having better luck. Hubby wants an Atlas, and we just haven't gotten around to ordering one.

You all should know that making pasta is a great "company" meal. We don't have kids, so are at odds and ends sometimes to figure out entertainment when families with kids visit. Children, from single digits through teens, have loved making pasta. There's something any age can do, from having a 3 year old toss the finished pasta with flour as it dries or hold the sheets of pasta while you guide it through the cutter, to helping at any other stage when they get older.

The reason we haven't replaced the pasta maker yet is that we're about to take a trip to FL to visit family and I'm pretty sure Mom has one she no longer uses.

past production is sharply diminished as of late, due to new counters being installed the kitchen. I found a good looking soba noodle recipe in a macro biotic cookbook however. Let me know if you'd like me to post it.

Ciao

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom