In praise of OVEN pressure cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
ok,not really pressure cookers but could be anything from the portuguese cataplana,through smoker bags to film cooking bags/foil.anything that goes in the oven sealed so does build up a bit of pressure.
i like this method of cooking as i find that the food cooks quicker,stays moist,more tasty & there's less oven cleaning:)!
some of my favourites are portuguese clam or mussel & pork cataplana,barbeque pork ribs in a smoker bag & paprika chicken a la "season & shake" bag.ok call the good taste cops if you will but i saw these kits advertised on the tv,bought one & it was really pretty good.now i just buy the oven bags,make up my own seasoning & cock a snook(olde englishe phrase for flipping off) at colmans of norfolk(makers of the best english mustard in the universe & "season & shake")
ok,back to business,do you use this technique and,if so,what's your fav recipe(s)?

I'm all for making things moist Harry.

I use oven bags and "wrap and roast" - both from Lakeland. In particular I find fish and chicken work really well much better in a parcel to seal in the juices. If all else fails just a good old bit of foil to make a parcel works great too.

I like using my Peka to create a bit of pressure, this vid shows an old Croatian lady who has had more outdoor Peka's than I could shake a stick at.
Ps the music is a traditional Croatian Folk song about the benefits of a large Peka for big parties.
Dalmatian Peka - YouTube

I'm all for making things moist Harry.

I use oven bags and "wrap and roast" - both from Lakeland. In particular I find fish and chicken work really well much better in a parcel to seal in the juices. If all else fails just a good old bit of foil to make a parcel works great too.

I like using my Peka to create a bit of pressure, this vid shows an old Croatian lady who has had more outdoor Peka's than I could shake a stick at.
Ps the music is a traditional Croatian Folk song about the benefits of a large Peka for big parties.
Dalmatian Peka - YouTube
do you think a peka(is your preference indoor or outdoor?)would help with the moisture levels queenie....................?

So, is peka a dish/recipe or the pot she cooked it in or the method? Is the word something like barbecue, in that could be the food or the method or the grill?

Back
Top Bottom