ISO good quality plastic spatulas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snarfbot

Assistant Cook
hey, im looking for a decent plastic spatula, i got a bunch of new nonstick pans, and i dont want to ruin them but i cant seem to find a decent, thin, plastic spatula that doesnt burn and melt.

Because when you heat plastic, it burns and melts. What you want is nylon, not plastic. I buy all my nylon utensils at the 99¢ Only store, and when something bad happens to one of them, I just trash it and buy a new one.

I use silicone spatulas - and not even the traditional shaped ones. I use the kind you stir with, which work just fine for everything I've ever had to flip or use to remove from the skillet, plus it serves double duty for stirring mixes and things in a bowl. Silicone is good up to 650 degrees.

I don't miss the old, plastic ones.

I have one piece silicone spatulas that are perfect for use on the stove. They don't melt or burn. Being one piece they don't collect food in the handle/blade joint. I bought them in an outlet mall at a kitchen store. They were reasonably inexpensive.

keep your new pans new..ish

hey, im looking for a decent plastic spatula, i got a bunch of new nonstick pans, and i dont want to ruin them but i cant seem to find a decent, thin, plastic spatula that doesnt burn and melt.

I have a plethora of utensils that I use with my non-stick cookware but my favorite are the heat resistant silicon spatulas I picked up on an online restaurant supply. There are lots of spatulas out there that are cheaper but these are by far the best and most versatile. I've had mine for a couple years now but I'm sure they're same product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use silicone spatulas from Les Creuset. They have different sizes and shapes and the heads come off for easy cleaning. But there are many brands that are excellent too. Kitchenaid and Oxo are two that come to mind.

I got mine at the LC outlet out on Eastern Long Island, but I know that Amazon.com carries them also.

Just went to Sam's club. They sell the set of 3 white handle red spatula, made specially for use on the hot surfaces. Very affordable.

Back
Top Bottom