Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inspired by GG's recent acquisition of measuring spoons that fit into spice jars, I did a hunt at Amazon.ca.

I got these:

51EZSTsWDzL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VKJYY3N...olid=1QPH3G67HOBG7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The narrow end is meant for sticking in spice jars and the round end is meant for liquids. They nest and stick together magnetically, so I avoid the issue of having them on a ring or taking them off the ring and having them wander. They also lie level, when put on a surface. The tablespoon measure does not fit into most spice jars, but the narrow end of the half tablespoon and all the others do. That was what I was expecting. There was actually a picture with measurements for width and length shown.

Now, I just want someone to make 1/3 of a teaspoon measuring spoons. It's not something that comes up often, but sometimes when resizing a recipe, it does.

Inspired by GG's recent acquisition of measuring spoons that fit into spice jars, I did a hunt at Amazon.ca.

I got these:

I have this set (without the leveler) and it's great.

I keep all my measuring spoons in a small bin in the silverware drawer. I have about three sets in the bin. The only issue is every other measuring spoon I have sticks to them. It's hard to reach in one-handed and pull out one measuring spoon.:LOL:

haven't read the article yet - too early

but the pic shows 1/3rd teaspoon

and I love Julia Childs quote on the side! :LOL:

measuring spoons

I'm pretty sure that's a 1/8 tsp measure. It's smaller than the 1/4 tsp and 1/3 tsp is actually larger than 1/4 tsp. It did fool me at first. Because of shadows or something, it does look like it says 1/3.

I got these:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VKJYY3N...olid=1QPH3G67HOBG7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The narrow end is meant for sticking in spice jars and the round end is meant for liquids. They nest and stick together magnetically, so I avoid the issue of having them on a ring or taking them off the ring and having them wander. They also lie level, when put on a surface. The tablespoon measure does not fit into most spice jars, but the narrow end of the half tablespoon and all the others do. That was what I was expecting. There was actually a picture with measurements for width and length shown.

Now, I just want someone to make 1/3 of a teaspoon measuring spoons. It's not something that comes up often, but sometimes when resizing a recipe, it does.
Nice! I like the magnetic feature.

I've been wanting to get a cast iron skillet to use on the grill and smoker. DH bought this one and I'm so excited! Last year, a friend was clearing out extra cookbooks and gave me a copy of Steve Raichlin's "How to Grill." I'm hoping to learn some new tips and tricks on grilling and braising different things.
20201115_111950.jpg

I've been wanting to get a cast iron skillet to use on the grill and smoker. DH bought this one and I'm so excited! Last year, a friend was clearing out extra cookbooks and gave me a copy of Steve Raichlin's "How to Grill." I'm hoping to learn some new tips and tricks on grilling and braising different things.
View attachment 44000

That's a nice pan. Enjoy.

SO's daughter sent me an early birthday present.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 512317DE-7696-4BFB-A62B-3265FD5D565E_1_105_c.jpg
    512317DE-7696-4BFB-A62B-3265FD5D565E_1_105_c.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 92
  • B33E4A5B-058B-43B7-BFB4-EBD72F6C9D88_1_105_c.jpg
    B33E4A5B-058B-43B7-BFB4-EBD72F6C9D88_1_105_c.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 74
Not very exciting, but I got a new broiler pan. I've been doing London Broils and wanting to do more oven stuff.20201126_183724.jpg

Nice bread-slicing guide! What are the sizes of the slices?

I've been debating on whether I should get a broiler pan. On one hand, I rarely used mine in the old stove. On the other hand, I didn't use it because the broiler did not work well. What kind is this and how do you like it?

The last time I saw one of those bread slicers was back in the early 90s, when I made one in my workshop, for a lady I used to give bread to all the time! I made it out of white oak, and it had narrower grooves (though I can't really tell the size of these from the photo), with 3 sections of grooves, to make slices 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" thick. Funny thing was, I had no idea what it was - she showed it to me in some store, and asked me if I could make it. I told her that it looked easy to make, then asked her what it was!:LOL:

Last edited:
The last time I saw one of those bread slicers was back in the early 90s, when I made one in my workshop, for a lady I used to give bread to all the time! I made it out of white oak, and it had narrower grooves (though I can't really tell the size of these from the photo), with 3 sections of grooves, to make slices 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" thick. Funny thing was, I had no idea what it was - she showed it to me in some store, and asked me if I could make it. I told her that it looked easy to make, then asked her what it was!:LOL:

This one is made of bamboo and also has three different widths for slices. The open slots set too wide as they only have to be wide enough for a knife blade.

I didn't know I needed one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom