"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 1
Looking for a cooking utensil

Hi, can anyone help me find the name of the weight that can be used to place on top of food when frying to enable the frying food to cook evenly such as bacon. I saw one of these at a fast food place once it was shaped like an iron, about 5 or 6 inches in length
Regards Simon

simonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Master Chef
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
Sounds like a cast iron bacon press.
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Cook
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 258
Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
Bacon Press, but I haven't seen one used for years.
Mark Webster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.