Muffin tin does not fit into the oven! Can I use foil+paper liners instead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Learning2Cook

Assistant Cook
I have been planning to bake cupcakes since the past few days but can't find a muffin tin that would fit into my oven. The 12 cups ones will definitely not fit in my 13x13 oven and I can't find one with 6 cups either near my place.

I was reading online that the aluminium foil liners can be used without muffin tins. For instance, putting the paper liners in the foil ones and placing it closely on a cake tin with little area of the foil exposed. However, I was wondering whether they will heat up and cause spark in my oven since it does double up as a microwave as well. (Its one of those microwave convection ovens).

Or I will be better off using the paper liners in Dixie cups?

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks! :)

I have never heard of aluminium foil liners for muffins. I Googled and they look like they should be sturdy enough for the muffins. I would use them.

No, they won't spark or arc in your oven if you use the convection setting. They might if you use it on the microwave setting, but probably just won't let the heat through to your muffin batter.

I'd just pour the batter into a square cake pan and cut into squares when done. Less mess and chance of problems.

I'd just pour the batter into a square cake pan and cut into squares when done. Less mess and chance of problems.
Then it will probably need to bake longer. It might also be tricky to figure out the right size of pan for the amount of batter.

Back
Top Bottom