My new cooking tool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Long periods of time on my feet in the kitchen has taken it's toll. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I got a new cooking tool to solve that.
I ordered a drafting chair on wheels with a footrest, and can be raised or lowered depending on the task. It can be shoved out of the way on it's wheels, and makes the kitchen side of the breakfast bar a comfortable work station. It came with a back for it, but I like it better as a stool. The color is even good in my new dream kitchen. :chef:

img_1421731_0_dcb8850fde265793dd512ba631fa9c87.jpg

Nice, Kayelle! Since I developed neuropathy in my feet a few years ago, I've depended on seating in the kitchen, too. Mine is a bar stool with a back but no wheels. If I sit on something with wheels, I'm liable to end up on the floor! :LOL:

Nice, Kayelle! Since I developed neuropathy in my feet a few years ago, I've depended on seating in the kitchen, too. Mine is a bar stool with a back but no wheels. If I sit on something with wheels, I'm liable to end up on the floor! :LOL:

Were you watching me give it a test run GG??:ROFLMAO: I must remember to hold it before sitting!!

Just like GotGarlic, I use a heavy bar stool without wheels but includes a back. My legs are good for about 15 minutes. Beyond that... I have to find a chair.

Where's the motor? :whistling

Pedal it like a skate board around the kitchen. Just don't do "wheelies":angel:

I have a bar stool that I keep in a corner with a plant on it. The kids can't eat the leaves and when I use it the plant goes in the bathroom with the door shut. It's a dieffenbachia and I think the leaves are unhealthy.

I like to use it when making Scandinavian cookies like krumkake which are made stove top and made one at a time.

Great idea, Kayelle! I have back issues and do most of my prep at the kitchen table which is not the best place for me to do that. The height is weird for slicing/dicing -it is okay for mandoline use though.

I'll have to put that on the wish list. Too bad my birthday passed... I did get a very nice meat slicer and some Chuck Taylor Converse High tops, so I made out good. ;)

Be nice if one could crank that chair higher than office desk height use, but then it might tip over, haha.

Actually it cranks up much higher than an office desk height Caslon, it's designed for a tall drafting table. My problem with it being that high is I'd need a step stool to mount it. :LOL: What a pretty picture that would be.

Actually it cranks up much higher than an office desk height Caslon, it's designed for a tall drafting table. My problem with it being that high is I'd need a step stool to mount it. :LOL: What a pretty picture that would be.

Cool. Just push against the counter to go from one area to another. Don't get stranded. :LOL:

Last edited:
Filing this one away. DH has a hydraulic desk chair out in the garage that was a castoff from a local factory, it has all sorts of heights. I don't need it, yet.

I like the idea of motorizing it though.

Nice wheels, Kayelle!

I have an old barstool I use when I really need to sit. The only problem is none of my counters hang over air. When desperate, I have been known to take out the basket of cleaning items from under the sink, creating a knee-hole for me. The problem then is that I'm over the sink. Good for trimming/peeling/washing, bad for cutting/chopping. I have pulled out a narrow drawer to use as support for a cutting board, but that can cause all sorts of clumsy problems on its own! :LOL:

Glad you like it guys! I must say that my stool could be better if it could raise while sitting on it. It will lower while sitting on it, but not raise. Maybe really expensive ones will do that but not this $80 one.

(the grammar police may say I should have said rise instead of raise.) :)

Glad you like it guys! I must say that my stool could be better if it could raise while sitting on it. It will lower while sitting on it, but not raise. Maybe really expensive ones will do that but not this $80 one.

(the grammar police may say I should have said rise instead of raise.) :)

(The copy editor/grammar police in me is struggling not to respond to that invitation to correct that sentence ;))

Back
Top Bottom